Guitar Rig 3 GO - Free download

Rex Rocker

Call me Hugo!
Dec 21, 2007
Mexico
Yeah yeah, I know Guitar Rig isn't quite the best modeling software around, but it's hard to say no to free plug-ins, especially for us Mac folks!

:D

http://www.espguitars.com/news/news_guitarrig.html

Plus you can win an LTD or something.

Comes with the JCM-800, the Tubescreamer and some cab model... Maybe it's good if you ditch the cab and use some impulses on it?

I used Guitar Rig extensively in the past. These days, I'd be hard pressed to use it for much, maybe bass or the odd effect.
Revalver mkIII is much better (although I prefer the GR interface) and I use it on Windows & Mac.

Yeah, I actually downloaded it thinking it would come with some bass stuff. This free version did not.

That sucks cuz the bass amps on it are actually usable in my opinion, especially with the Rat pedal.
I suppose it depends really on what kinda music you're doing?
I mean, Pod Farm (available for Mac) covers a lot of the bases, then we have the free ampsims on Windows which are pretty damn good. Revalver mkIII can be had for pretty cheap second hand if you want a good ampsims suite on Mac.

I like the effects a lot, it's okay for rock-tones and you can get a usable heavy tone out of the Überschall sim (with a TS of course)... but other than that, it's pretty useless for metal compared to the contenders IMO.