Guitar signal boost (clean)

Overdosed

Jan 11, 2010
Hey boys and girls!

First off let me say that this forum had teach me a lot!! Fantastic tips over here!

Now, my problem :

It's about reamping...
I've been listening some samples of the clean guitars over here and they all have a more compressed sound
(probably because they were played with active PUs on guitars) than my own recordings with my SZ320 (passive).
I just plug directly into a Mackie Onyx Satellite preamp. I've read the topic about preparing the tracks for reamping and my question is,
would a fairly transparent clean boost pedal work as good as a passive directbox? The reference DIs are expensive and for a ART ZDirect it's a pedal like
BBEs Boosta Grande, MXR M133 or Seymour Duncan pickup booster, for example, better to record clean and with gain?

Cheers!

:headbang:

i've noticed a tremendous gain..... gain... yeah.. when i changed mi old stock one's... funny thing it took me more than 10 years to realise it was DAMN TIME to buy new ones, not even expensive pickups but a mid-range couple of high gain ones did the trick for me, i have no experience with boost pedals so i can't talk about those but, yeah some good pickups worked for me anyway... i'd love to try some active's too in my guitar but i'm loving so much how it's sounding right now... and there's something about the sound of active's i don't like i dunno...

The stock PUs on my Ibanez are Duncan/Ibanez

DC Resistance: 17.08K on bridge PU
DC Resistance: 8.13K on neck PU
(not sure if this as something to do with the gain)

I think they are pretty good...

There isn't a total 100 per cent correlation between DC Resistance and output level