Guitar sound test: Engl E530 vs. Amplitube

NeuroticaPills

New Metal Member
Jan 22, 2009
Hi guys, just wanted to hear your opinion on the following sound sample:

Click here to listen to Engl versus Amplitube

The first one is an Engl E530 through impulses and Vintage Warmer, the second is Amplitube through impulses and You Wa Shock.

Both are basically the same riff, double tracked, panned 90% L/R.

Which one do you prefer?

Please don't focus on the sloppyness or anything, I'm running a fever and I'm playing in a freezing room as well (excuses, excuses :lol:)

The E530 wins hands down, but I think the tone is a bit fizzy... a LPF should solve the issue...

Thanks for the reply!

What is an LPF?

When listening back I think the gain should be lowered as well.

ENGL winse it with ease, has much more mid and presence, sounds much better, tight riffing btw.

A LPF is a Low Pass Filter.. very usefull in this case to filter out the higher regions so it will sound less fizzy, allthough i think it will sound great in a mix.

D'oh, I should have guessed LPF stands for Low Pass Filter, thanks Bob! :)

I'm a new Waves plugins user, expensive but so far really enjoying it, could I use C4 for the LPF for example?

I'm a new Waves plugins user, expensive but so far really enjoying it, could I use C4 for the LPF for example?

C4 is a multiband compressor but sure you could do that yeah, but to save some CPU i'd say you are best of with a waves Q equalizer and filter it in there.

No, C4 is a multiband compressor, which is a different thing all together. Just use any proper equalizer. Your daw should have some you could use aswell!

More Engl clips coming up during the weekend.
Been sick all week, ears are clogged up at the moment, grr..

I'll make a sample of all 4 channels, the crunch settings are amazing!

Hi NeuroticaPills! I liked very much the amplitube..may I have the preset so to be able to hear it playing on another track?Alex