Guitar tabs...

Eddy

Old fart on this board
Apr 15, 2001
Fin fuggen land
I wonder why some tabs are quite f'd up...

The actual content may be near perfect, but the appearance...
Like this for example.

I have at least two tabs with similar problem, why can't they do the right? Or is the problem somewhere else than the author?

Damn, I'm really bored... Gotta catch my gegraphy class...

I am sure this is almost 100% a conversion issue. The author certainly did not want it to be distributed like that...but used some utility to write it that was not compatible with standard .txt format.

...It's certainly not your fault. The authors should pay more attention to details of the file when they release...and people who archive them should actually look at them before posting.

ive just downloaded 20 or so top 40 type songs if anyones interested...powertabs that is.,..... there pretty cool....

Only its stuff like my sharona, hot blooded, its been a while, kryptonite, nothin but a good time, turn the page and a few others....

Any powertabs you or anyone else has rabs....if u get a few secs....send em over to me....!!

Cheers...

:)

Originally posted by rabies
The authors should pay more attention to details of the file when they release...and people who archive them should actually look at them before posting.

I agree 100% here. That's why I have done all (the few) tabs with an editor that saves them in plain text. And checked them with few different text-editors to make sure they appear like they should.

The sad thing here is that those tabs, like the one I posted above, are usually the most complete and accurate ones. It's a damn shame.

Originally posted by Medsy
ive just downloaded 20 or so top 40 type songs if anyones interested...powertabs that is.,..... there pretty cool....

Only its stuff like my sharona, hot blooded, its been a while, kryptonite, nothin but a good time, turn the page and a few others....

Any powertabs you or anyone else has rabs....if u get a few secs....send em over to me....!!

Cheers...

:)

I tried Powertab some time ago. It's just that it's system requirements are/were too much for my computer...

Can't remember if it was before or after I upgraded the processor, though.

I think I'll check the program out again, that Kryptonite tab sounds interesting.