Guitar Test Tone

Sounds Awesome!!!!!!!:hotjump:

What settings and impulses and program/plugin are you using the impulses in????
I've been looking to get this sort of sound/tone for a while.
What guitar / pick ups are you using....?

Thanks

:kickass: Thanks man! It´s good to know that I am doing the right thing.
Guitars --» shitty old ibanez in Drop C, TSS, Nick Crow 8505, Boogex loaded with catharsis s-preshigh from one side and the other with Mesa Trad 4x12 V30 SM57 01. It were quadtrack.

Impulse with s-preshigh: Low 0 ,Mid -1,8 Highs 4,5
Impluse with Mesa Trad Low O ,Mid -1,4 Highs 3,1

The bass sound is from VST broomstick bass but boogex loaded with Ampeg 8x10 D6 A107 and some equalization. In the drums I used samples on snare and drum bass. After all that process the guitars have some more equalization but not too much.:)

eternally_gutted, yes it was for boogex. As for Nick crow just add some highs but not too much. Giubis I am almost sure that I downloaded the samples from this forum but I do not remember which topic was. The name of the snare sample is Noble & Cooley Room-2 but what you hear had equalization. For the bass drum I used "To Die For" sample of the "kick drum 2".

It´s not too hard to achieve a tone like that and I think that any of you can do that but it requires some patience and you have to know specifically what you are looking for. I already notice that a low tuned guitar is much easyer to get this sound. It´s fucked is to get a similar sound in standard tuning:mad:
And I think that quadtrack is also important to get that sound because it makes the guitar sound bigger and stronger. Yeah its bored and sometimes painful but productive. One more time, thank you for your feedback:headbang:

Wow! This is some good shit. Really dig the tone. I'd try to make the drums sound fuller, but that's not the point here 'cause you intended to showcase your tone.
Good stuff, dude. I'm feeling a little more hopeful towards impulses.

Zup Nuno, nice tone you have there , a little scooped for my taste but it sounds cool preety oldschool metal.
How is Broomstick bass working for you? i would love to hear only the bass track to hear how real it sounds.

Crushing dude! The new one sounds even better/fuller.

Thanks man!:kickass:

Wow! This is some good shit. Really dig the tone. I'd try to make the drums sound fuller, but that's not the point here 'cause you intended to showcase your tone.
Good stuff, dude. I'm feeling a little more hopeful towards impulses.

Good to hear that. About the drums you are right, I have to do more research to achieve a better sound. As for the impulses, the good ones are very few in my opinion but with patience and determination you can do something really interesting with them.

Zup Nuno, nice tone you have there , a little scooped for my taste but it sounds cool preety oldschool metal.
How is Broomstick bass working for you? i would love to hear only the bass track to hear how real it sounds.

Yeah, it´s a litlle scooped and I have to work on that in the future. The broomstick is almost useless without impulses, Eq, multiband compression!lol
Here is a sample only with drum and bass, I put the bass loud so you can hear him well.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1457645/Test tone1.mp3