Guitar tracks needed

Tolein

New Metal Member
Jan 8, 2011
Warsaw, PL
Hey guys (and gals)!
I found myself wanting to do a Nevermore's Without Morals cover, the issue being, I don't play guitar very well.
As stupid as it might sound, the point is I am a singer and I wanted to do a vocal part of a cover, hence I need someone else to track the guitars.

So if you wanted to participate, I'd appriciate you very much to drop your records on my email or you might post them here. I'd also like to repost those on sevenstring.org and sevenstring.pl so other might participate as well. Same goes for mixes.
To be honest, I'd like to use the final mix to promote myself (on youtube and other media) and hopefuly organize another action like that, make another cover or attract people so they would post their songs lacking vocals.
I guess some less experienced mixers would have an opportunity to work on a raw vocal tracks as well.

So the tracks are here, they are exported out from Reaper, but I guess any non-Reaper-user would have no problem using them.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3530835/mix/no morals.rar
The tabulature is inside as well for clarity.
The tracks are flawed and I'm aware of that and I'm hoping to make them up (redo) asap, but I've had some heath issues for last two or three weeks, so whenever it goes away, I'll try my best to do better.

So, if you wish to take part in this, I'd be very grateful, and of course if you are in a project that lacks clean vocals, feel free to come across my email.

Cheers
Chris

An AT4040 condenser run through the M-Audio ProFire 610 and terrible acoustics of my lovely room.
Feel free (I guess it'd be much appreciated) to comment on my performance.
And although I'm aware of some obvious technical flaws (need to make myself a pop-filter and do something about room's reverberberation) feel free to comment and suggest on that as well.

Cheers!

Men, I love you (lobe you, as the character of one of the FOX's series would say) and am willing to reproduce.
I mean, I got this hanging for like two weeks or so on my dear Polish sevenstring and got no response really, besides nice work, bro :popcorn:. I know it's christmass and people've got whole family to work around, but on the other hand it's christmass and people've got alot spare time, right?
And here? Two hours and a half..? Come on, it's crazy. Next person raising his eyebrow and sayin so, why do you like Brits, again? gets a punch on the nose.
Lobe You!
;)

Please, download the package again before you start any work, I tend to update some stuff from time to time (the tab has been updated; you don't need to download the whole archive, you've got it here as well, always fresh: tab)

I'd love to give this a try, but I'd need some guitar pro tabs to learn the song, and there seems to be nothing on the net yet... I seriously can't spend the time learning it by ear (plus I suck at it).

Really good voice man!

Come on man, the guitar pro tabulature is in the rar archive AND there's a direct link two posts before this one.

Cheers.

P.S. I just love going through hell with sh*t like JL's solos, I guess that's kinda fetish, or sth... ;-)

No echo man, reverberberberation! My middle school physics teacher made it clear to me - echo is when there's clear time interval between the main sound and repeated one. :p :)

I forgot to mention, or just didn't make myself clear enough - it'd be nice if you guys track DIs, regardless if you're going to track dry DIs or done wet tracks.
I guess it would be nice to let them, whoever else is going to participate, process and reamp the tracks on their own.

Oh, since I made the joke I wouldn't know bout that... right? ;)

Sooo..? I hate impatient people, but how is it goin with the tracking..? :)

Tolein said:
An AT4040 condenser run through the M-Audio ProFire 610 and terrible acoustics of my lovely room.

4 mic stands with a boom, 4 bed sheets / blankets, make the booms into a T (center the boom horizontally), insert bedsheets over it, bring up the height of the stand up to about 2.5m/8ft, make them into a square and BOOM! You have a portable singing booth

Yeah, I guess it works great when your room's more than 100 square feet and you have less than four pieces of furniture in it. And well, I went for a cheapest (some entry athletic, the only thing worse at the store was some everplay crap I guess, but it like dangled in the wind and believe me, it was scary) mic stand for cash-shortage-purpose, so buying another 4 pcs would have to wait till I get an actuall job. Good idea though, thanks mate.
Any particular grammature on the sheets..? ;)

Yeah, and you failed to mention your oppinion on the performance. I need some little tickle on my ego from time to time, I guess you'd udnerstand. :)

(I mean, seriously, I'm gonna do that, though I'm in a situation now and it seems complicated and there's money involved, but hopefully I'll have a job in a month and well paid actually, so it's gonna be good, or at least I'd like to believe that, so just be right there and wait and I'll try to bring you some sick shit vocals, I mean the most I can do. Cheers, or whatever (I guess less of a drink, more of hydration and a good nights sleep would do wonders for me.))