Vocal help needed! Hypocrisy "Fire In The Sky" cover song.

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
Anyone up for adding some vocals to this "Fire In The Sky" Hypocrisy cover song I've been working on? (Well, it's been more of a collaboration with a few other forumers.) This is just for fun, and I intend on uploading raw tracks/stems for everything soon for mixing practice, but I'd like to get some vocals added to this first.

Any takers?

Please PM me if you're interested, and send me your raw vocal tracks.

Updated mix v2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/Virgil_FireInTheSky_v2.mp3
Old mix v1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/HypocrisyFireInTheSky_Virgilv2.mp3

(Special thanks to nosgulstic, dontletmedrown, and MetalMiller for helping with the orchestra parts! And a HUGE special thanks to LeSedna for editing/correcting the midi drums/orchestra/choir, as well as recording the bass line!)

For reference:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Definitely not the final mix, but just something somewhat decent sounding to track vocals to... for whoever wants to lend their talents ;)

Thanks guys! That would be awesome if one of you did them! Heck, if more than one person wants to do them, i can post everyone's vocal tracks; that way people doing mixes can choose which one they want to use, or layer, or do a collage of sorts. lol. PM me your vocal tracks when you are done :)
Cheers!!!!

funny_fist_bump_Possible_last_post_for_summer_P-s490x364-70824-580.jpg

listened to that song for the first time in years, if I find time for it I am going to do it tomorrow,
cool song, hardest part is the first scream because he gets higher and stronger.

Do you want a similar version or something more original? I would try to get as near as possible,
my voice is just pretty different from Peter's :D

listened to that song for the first time in years, if I find time for it I am going to do it tomorrow,
cool song, hardest part is the first scream because he gets higher and stronger.

Do you want a similar version or something more original? I would try to get as near as possible,
my voice is just pretty different from Peter's :D

Yeah, his intro scream is insane!!!! :lol: But totally badass!!!! ;)

Well, I'm encouraging as many people that want to participate in this to do it. I think it would be cool to have different vocalists swapping in and out on different parts in the mix (kinda like "guest" vocalists), but hey, that's just me. lol

Either way, whoever participates, your vocal tracks will be included in the pack of multitracks/stems that I provide, so people can use whatever vocals they like best in their mixes. That could provide good practice in itself as well so they know what kind of processing works for one voice, may not work well for another. You know?

So, I totally encourage the Peter clones to particpate, as well as those that just want to add a unique flare by adding your own spin on the vocals.

Sorry for being late, man. I'm on it.

It's all good. Thanks! :)

If I got enough time I could try 2 different things, sounds like a cool idea with the different vocalists.
Like a screamer, a more old school death metal growl and a deathcore like singer, every vocal treated
a bit different...really, really interested :D

If I got enough time I could try 2 different things, sounds like a cool idea with the different vocalists.
Like a screamer, a more old school death metal growl and a deathcore like singer, every vocal treated
a bit different...really, really interested :D

Exactly! :)

I may get a try this weekend, if I got the time to do it. Good for the practice.

Ok guys, Derpsicle has been kind enough to lay down some vocals for this. I will get started on grouping the multi-tracks together and I'll post the pack up in the next day or two.

Huge thanks to Derpsicle! These vocals sound brootal! \m/

Ok guys, Derpsicle has been kind enough to lay down some vocals for this. I will get started on grouping the multi-tracks together and I'll post the pack up in the next day or two.

Huge thanks to Derpsicle! These vocals sound brootal! m/

No problem! Was a blast. Glad you liked them :)