Need some orchestra help!

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
I'm working on a cover for Hypocrisy's "Fire In The Sky" song, and was wondering if any of you that have any good Orchestra programs would be kind enough to process the orchestra midi files I have through for me and post your stems for each to use?

I would give you credit in the mix of course and may also ask for tweaks here and there depending on how the cover goes.

Here's a link to the Guitar Pro file I extracted the Midi from:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/hypocrisy_fire_in_the_sky.gp3

Synth Strings:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/hypocrisy_fire_in_the_sky Synth Strings.mid

Choir Aahs:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/hypocrisy_fire_in_the_sky Choir Aahs.mid

Ensemble Strings:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5218029/hypocrisy_fire_in_the_sky Ensemble Strings.mid

Anyone willing to help? Please? :)

Edit: if you need this info, the GP3 file shows it's in 4/4 and at 110 bpm

Dude this song is one of my favourites. Where are you covering this song ?

Hell yeah man, this song is amazing. I'm not covering the song live, but I want to do a sneap thread collaboration for a few Hypocrisy songs, and this is the first one I wanted to start with. I wanted to get some raw DI's recorded and then throw all the files back up here for some collaboration with different vocalists, mixes, etc.
So these orchestra files will help get me started. :cool:

Awesome! Thanks guys! That would be amazing! I'm going to start programming the drums today and doing some scratch guitar and bass tracks, so there's no rush. If it's today, AWESOME(!) or if it's in a few days that's fine too. I appreciate your guys' willingness to help!:kickass:

I don't even have to watch this video. I know it by heart : the first hi-pitched scream is insane, and the epic fireworks part gives me goosebumps. Also, during this moment, there's a dude tripping like never and headbanging like no one has ever headbanged :)

I don't even have to watch this video. I know it by heart : the first hi-pitched scream is insane, and the epic fireworks part gives me goosebumps. Also, during this moment, there's a dude tripping like never and headbanging like no one has ever headbanged :)

+∞ That beginning scream gets me every time I watch this. So awesome.

:lol::lol::lol: I never paid attention to the headbanging during the fireworks part. haha that made my day.

Awesome! Thanks guys! That would be amazing! I'm going to start programming the drums today and doing some scratch guitar and bass tracks, so there's no rush. If it's today, AWESOME(!) or if it's in a few days that's fine too. I appreciate your guys' willingness to help!:kickass:

I can record the bass track if you want, this song is easy, and my strings are 100% new (didn't even play a second with them already)

EDIT : BTW, the guitar pro is not good, the instrumental bridge sounds nothing like the real song, and the rest of the tab has many differences with the real version.

I can record the bass track if you want, this song is easy, and my strings are 100% new (didn't even play a second with them already)

EDIT : BTW, the guitar pro is not good, the instrumental bridge sounds nothing like the real song, and the rest of the tab has many differences with the real version.

That would be great if you want to do the bass. That might be best considering the strings on mine are about a year old and I'm more of a guitar player and not a bass player.. so you may play it tighter than me.

And I was noticing some of the same differences in the guitar parts.

I'm not a bass player either but this song is so slow it's not a problem at all even if my bass is tuned to C.

Yeah you should rewrite it, dunno who did this tab, but it's really not good, even the bass part (I low passed the original to check it and it mostly just follows the chords)

Hey dudes... any update with these? Guru said he would do the synths and LeSedna you said you'd do bass? I think I got the Drum midi extracted and sounding 'ok' for right now, so as soon as I get these tracks from you both I'll start laying down the guitars. No doubt you both will probably want to re-do them, considering the tabs I have are wrong so I'm learning by ear, so it may not be exactly how it sounds on the recording.

Thanks!! :kickass:

Can you send the drums to me ? I can track the bass today if you want. I'll do them by ear too since the song is easy. If ever you have a problem with a part, I could just re-record it, if pitch-editing it does not make it.

No, no need to urge unless you're pressed about it, it's just to have the same drums you will use so that I can play with a matching "groove" even if it's not like the song is very groovy in itself :)

all I did was export the midi drum track from this GP file and slapped it into SD2.0 with several replacements for kick, snare and hihats. I haven't done any editing to the drum track yet... just been trying to get it to sound good first before I spend time editing the midi. So I can send you a stem of that later or you can use this midi file, whatever works best for you, it's all the same. lol

no big rush by the way... i just wanted to work on this over the weekend a bit, and it's easier to feel the groove of the song tracking guitars for me if I can do it with a bass line and synths in the background. I know usually guitars are tracked first then other elements are added, but for me I do it reverse. lol. But I'll do whatever way you guys want for this.

It really depends, usually the first guitars are just guide tracks for the drummer. With the bass first, it really is easier to track guitars.

I'll try to record this bass then. Shouldn't be a major pb.