Need some orchestra help!

Started the bass, will finish tomorrow.

@nosgulstic : as said before, the midis are not good, the chords used are not the right progression from the original song. Many things in the guitar pro are really different from the original song (it's insane how some tabbers have imagination sometimes!) but thanks anyway it may help.

I must have magnus choir somewhere, it's a cheap choirs vst I had two years ago. I may rewrite the midi and to the choirs later

Okay I'm redoing the whole guitar so that we can have the real song or we will end having differences too obvious. Stay tuned.

PS : I learned Adjusting the Sun too, I will record it in C, guitar/bass/drums. It's a pleasure to play this one !

Actually, I'm redoing the WHOLE guitar pro. It's insane how the tabber actually had hallucinations and invented notes, or placed kicks where there is none, or stuff like that :lol: But it's a hard work because the mix is really dense and muddy. I created a track by instrument on reaper where I EQ/filter the song to hear each them more to be sure of the notes they are playing.

I think in one hour it will be done. I'm fixing the basic riffs (guitar/bass/drums). I'm having hard time figuring what the bass is doing cause it's muddy like hell. I may post 2 versions, cause sometimes my ears think the heaviness despite they're using an E tuned guitar is because the bass is playing the reversed chord bass. For example, sometimes when guitars do :

I think the bassist plays

and not

which gives the dark heavy sound, but as I'm not sure how it translates in the mix I've never written such a thing, so I will post 2 lines of bass, with the same stems except at those chords I will play different versions.

EDIT : on the youtube video the bass is easier to get so I'll go with this one. Also there are few differences, and also, I think they play with downtuned instruments which doesn't help figuring the right thing they played in E standard although notes are the same.

Then I'll have to write the orchestra/choirs part and the guitar pro will be finished.

Also, since I'm on it, I'm perfecting the drums part by humanizing a little the charley/ride hit by having the first of 2 hits always harder (if you see what I mean), as a real drummer does. And just slitghly editing the velocities on some rolls too so that it will not need too much tweaking later.

I processed the files as they are and bounced close, stage, and room mics. The symphonic choirs are rather delicate so plopping in a pre-written piece doesn't always yield the best results but it sounds decent. I'm completely unfamiliar with the original song, just doing what I can to help out. Also, you didn't specify sample rate, so I did 44.1.

Here are the files:

EDIT: Old files removed. Check post #35

Unless you have edited the whole orchestral parts, as said in this thread they are wrong, I'm currently rewritting them. I'm close to finishing it, then I'll post the whole guitar pro and midi files.

BTW : i don't hear orchestral parts in the beginning, only choirs. Do any of you hear some ?

I just sorted the whole song. Since the original and even the lives on youtube are muddy, riffs are not 100% sure, but their harmony progression is. I'm gonna eat, and finish the little editing and post the gp and midi files here.

Ok it's all done : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/881054/Cove... The Sky/UM - Hypocrisy - Fire In The Sky.rar

Let it upload a few dozen of mn, or it will give you a 404 error. I've included all the files.

Ubersyntx I've done my job, finally :) I let you in charge of this now, we'll need some vox and your guitar playing ! About the guitar pro : I've written it with several versions of some riffs, you may pick the one you think fits you the most. For example, in the "epic" orchestra part, I've written a version of the same riff as when you just hear one guitar, but as it's hard to get what they actually play, and as doing it with enriched chords (and not just 5th) it sounds good too, you'll see sometimes the riffs change a little. Same for the bass. The most interesting fact is that the song is in B, but the guitar is in E, so the heavy low riff sound better played with 2-2 (lowest strings).

About the bass, I've cheated a little : since my bass is tuned in C (hopefully the song is easy so for an E I played the 4th fret), I downtuned the low string in B for the epic part, so that instead of the octave (3rd string, 2nd fret) I have played the more aggressive lowest B on my bass on the beats. So it "bounces" a little more and sounds darker.
It's edited but not too much, it's pretty raw and was only sliced in 4 parts before editing, and I think it fits it well. It's and LTD B50.

Orchestra info is in the .txt, I've included the wav if ever you like them. I personnally will change them when I wanna mix it but people without orchestra vst will maybe find them useful. Feel free to change them for the final package :) The strings don't sound too good for example, I haven't tweaked them that much.

About drums : if you are a Superior user, don't forget the 40 note should be pitched to 38 (the hard hit is 38 in S2.0) and the 59 note, which is supposed to be a ride cymbal, is a crash in S2.0, so pitch it to 51 instead. I'm too lazy to change the guitar pro a last time, and as I don't know the other vsti such as addictive drums, I let it like this.

I hope it will sound great :) I'm gonna work on Adjusting the Sun since my guitars and bass are tuned for it and I already play it :) Eraser will be the last one.

Holy cow, thanks LeSedna and dontletmedrown! Wow, I feel bad now feeling like I've been slacking yesterday and today not doing anything for this. I will have time to work on this tomorrow, and I appreciate your guys' help! You both rock!
:headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass:

Now we need someone with an Orchestra vst to run the orchestra/synth parts through for us. :)

Actually, I've run them through my old edirol and gpo, check the rar. I couldn't use the dontletmedrown ones since they are the wrong version (the one from the original gp). But if someone shows up with something better for a part or two, thats good !

Don't worry, I won't work like that everyday on those songs ! :)