Guitar World back issues

Tyronehell

New Metal Member
Apr 23, 2006
Can anybody give me the issues number where Jeff & Steve Column(Merchant Of Menace) Started and where it ended. Also what was all the songs that was covered.

Thanks.

Well, I don't know when it started, but I'm pretty sure the column goes back to last fall (fall of '05) and ended sometime in late spring/early summer '06. If I remember correctly, the covered River Dragon solo, Final Product solo/riffs, Ambivalent riffs, Psalm of Lydia in its entirety, and This Godless Endeavor in it's entirety.

Well, I don't know when it started, but I'm pretty sure the column goes back to last fall (fall of '05) and ended sometime in late spring/early summer '06. If I remember correctly, the covered River Dragon solo, Final Product solo/riffs, Ambivalent riffs, Psalm of Lydia in its entirety, and This Godless Endeavor in it's entirety.

Thank you for the help. Now to get a hold of them.

Hey TyroneHell,
Great question, and happy to try and help answer it!
The columns featuring Jeff and I together as The Merchants of Menace, officially started Jan. 2006, in the March 2006 issue of GW, the one with Randy Rhoads on the cover. The column featuring the two of us ran for another 5-6 issues, ending in the June-July issue( which came out August 2006), effectively 1 year after they had started the column with Jeff, it ended.
A real shame; there's a lot of stuff we covered with the GW editors that didn't make it into the columns, due to lack of time in terms of how many more columns there were to go. Basically, we covered BitterSweet Feast for one column, and it was to be the next one, but, the column came to an end. Maybe if people write them, they might be persuaded to change their minds, and maybe they'll put them out there,who knows. Only time will tell!
Your best bet for back issues: Go to the mag'z website,( www.guitarworld.com) but there's a bit of bad news I just found: The March 2006 issue is not available as a back issue.
Off the beaten path but still relevant to my playing: I did an interview with Guitar One Magazine, I believe the April 2006 issue might still be available; comes with a CD Rom as well! www.guitaronemag.com
Hope that helps man!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I have all of them but none of the video CDs. They are great, I'm still trying to learn everything from them.

Also check ebay.com, from time to time someone will for what ever reason decide to sell a large quantity of issues and you can probably find a lot of them that way.

The last line in the last column left me hopeful, something like "that's it for now." But now that I know I'll harass them with demanding letters, lol.

Also Steve, didn't you do an interview with Total Guitar or something, I remember a cool purple guitar and the interview was really good. I guess that could have been guitar one too I dunno it was my friends magazine. Either that or I'm hallucinating :p.

I have all of them but none of the video CDs. They are great, I'm still trying to learn everything from them.

Also check ebay.com, from time to time someone will for what ever reason decide to sell a large quantity of issues and you can probably find a lot of them that way.

The last line in the last column left me hopeful, something like "that's it for now." But now that I know I'll harass them with demanding letters, lol.

Also Steve, didn't you do an interview with Total Guitar or something, I remember a cool purple guitar and the interview was really good. I guess that could have been guitar one too I dunno it was my friends magazine. Either that or I'm hallucinating :p.

Hey Rebourne,
Great call on ebay for those back issues, and also people, check the website for backissues, and they might have the CD-Roms available as well.
About harassing them, I command you...DO IT!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmm....the only interview else that I did in the last few years for a major guitar mag was Guitar One, but I had my White Warlock with me that day( same day as GW interview went down). Hey, any chance you can get your friend let you scan the interview, and please send it to me? You can send it to: steve@stevesmyth.com I would like to see it. TG may have run something on me, but I don't recall it.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

LOL, I actually sent GW a coherent letter (I think)... Now hopefully everybody else does :D.

We couldn't find the magazine but he remembered something too. I've noticed that sometimes Guitar World and Guitar One will run the same articles as Total Guitar or vice versa but change the format and pictures. So that's probably what happened if we didn't imagine it.

I swear it was the guitar in this interview in fact it might have been that interview but I swear it was in a magazine.

5.jpg

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2459

Right on Rebourne! Thanks for STEPPING UP!!! Hopefully more people will do the same!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Those magazines you mentioned are owned by the same publisher, so that may in fact be what happened.
I'd still like to track down a copy.
Hey Evil Pete, did you get this one by chance?!

i have the issue of G1 in which steve is featured, but i don't have it with a CD. (i actually have the disk, but is fucked by mother nature, my computers don't read it) so if anyone has the vids please youtube them for me!