Guitar World Readers Poll: Testament in Four Catagories

Guitar Goddess

Mistress of Metal
Apr 4, 2007
MA/USA
Congratulations to Testament!! They are nominated in FOUR categories this year in the Guitar World Readers Poll!!!

So everyone, head over to Guitar World and vote, vote, vote!!!:headbang:

http://www.guitarworld.com/readerspoll

They are nominated in the following categories.....
MVP of 2008: Alex and Eric
Best Metal Guitarist: Alex
Metal Album of the Year: Testament
Comeback of the Year: Testament

You can vote as many times as you want.....I'd like to see Testament get another Metal Album of the Year award and win of all categories they are nominated in!!

Yeah, I voted for Testament/Skolnick all the way. It's funny that Hammett is in the hall of fame, but Iommi isn't, wtf!

BTW, thanks for the heads up, GG... I'll make sure this is posted on the Testament MySpace.

No problem, I try to post stuff when I find it...I sent it over to Ms. F on the AST site as well. I had sent her the Alex DVD lesson link that she posted, sorry I should have posted it here, but I see you got it from her....and hey, the next time you see Eric tell him to take it easy with the Red Bull and Vodka, that stuff will kill him and we all want him around next year...:lol: :p

Ya he worked with a friend of mine he was 24 years old I met him a few times I got a cool Leopard Gecko from him, anyway they found him on the kitchen floor on New Years eve day.He was big into those and I guess the Doctor had told him to stop because the vodka slows you down but the Red Bull speeds you up and it's bad on your heart and other stuff.But he was way into it and I think some pills.But still he was only 24 and that was a big contributing factor.It might be fun I don't know I'm a mellow person but it is not good for your system and you never know when something like that will effect you.After this happened to this guy I learned enough to know that if one of my friends was doing it a lot (and you usually know when your friend has gone to far) I would at least tell them to think about the way those two elements work on the system especially when you add pills because it's not worth it . I'm leaving out the really messed up part.Let's just say it's an even sadder story than that.I don't want to depress you to much.
...Oh yeah we need Eric Peterson around!

Just thought I'd post here to bring this back to the top of the list and remind everyone to go to guitarworld.com and vote again for Testament in the readers poll.

Thanks guys....:headbang: :)

Results are in the April edition....I just got it in the mail today....

Hall of Fame: Joe Satriani
Best New Talent: Black Tide
Most Valuable Players: James and Kirk (Alex and Eric came in second)
Best Shredder: Michael Angelo Batio
Best Metal Guitarist: Alexi Laiho (Alex came in third)
Best Rock Guitarist: Eddie Van Halen
Best Alt Album: Oasis; Dig Out Your Soul
Best Rock Album: Disturbed; Indestructible
Best Metal Album: Slipnot; All Hope is Gone (Formation of Damnation came in third)
Extreme Metal Album: Opeth; The Roundhouse Tapes
Best Shred Album: Paul Gilbert (sorry Ms. A, Jeff Loomis came in fourth)
Best Riff of 2008: Avenged Sevenfold "Afterlife"
Comeback of the Year: AC/DC (Testament came in fifth)

SIDE NOTE: Ms. A: there is a nice article on Jeff Loomis in this issue as well a video lesson with him on the CD.....

Thanks for the results. Pretty depressing. Especially losing to Slipknot and Alexi Laiho :( A sign of the times, I guess. Still great they got some nominations anyway. The promotion for this album was really good, finally. I hope it will only be improving with the future releases.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed with Alexi Laiho and Slipnot winning as well....while they have their place in music today and I don't want to be negative toward them, I really just don't feel that either band is as talented or basically as good as Testament.....

On a positive note I noticed that "On Demand" (Comcast in my area) cable in the music section: "Music Choice" is showing Testament's "More Than Meets The Eye" video this month......then in the "Guitar Lessons" section there are three of Eric's Guitar World Video lessons and a Jazz Guitar lesson (The Metal to Jazz Connection) with Alex....so it's nice to see that they are getting some good TV exposure....

Guitar World sucks and it seems their readers also.James and Kirk,give me a freaking break...