Doug Cerrito
Al Di Meola
Dave Mustaine (early years)
Allan Holdsworth
Eric Rutan
Alex Scolnick
Vivian Campbell
Frank Gambale

And many more I can't think of right now...

Malmsteen.,., Randy Rhoads.,..,.Buckethead is awsome,..,.same with Di Meola.,.,wut bout Tom Waits or Jason Becker?

i love Dimebags and Wyldes style.,,.as well as Trey Azargth (spelled wrong) .,.,.Max Moyses...,.,i cant think of any more.,.,.

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
Randy Rhoads! YES! I knew I was forgeting some people.

Have you ever listened to John Mclaughlin , Al Di Meola, and Paco De Lucia - Friday Night In San Francisco? Fuckin amazing!!!

Id like to add those to my list too. hehe

No? What's this Friday Night in San Francisco? That sounds awesome...

Originally posted by xenophobe

No? What's this Friday Night in San Francisco? That sounds awesome...

You haven't hear it?!? It's the most amazing display of acoustic guitar ever. Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia, and John McLaughlin totally tear things up. It was recorded back in like 1980. They then regrouped for another session a few years ago. Both CD's are the most amazing acoustic guitar work ever recorded. I guarantee it! After you hear the albums, you will piss your pants and chop your hands off, because you know you will never be as good as they are. At least buy the first session from the early 80's. It's the classic.

And yes, Buckethead is very cool. "Colma" is probably the most relaxing guitar album ever. I wish he'd do another album like that. If he has, please let me know.

Originally posted by npearce

You haven't hear it?!? It's the most amazing display of acoustic guitar ever. Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia, and John McLaughlin totally tear things up. It was recorded back in like 1980. They then regrouped for another session a few years ago. Both CD's are the most amazing acoustic guitar work ever recorded. I guarantee it! After you hear the albums, you will piss your pants and chop your hands off, because you know you will never be as good as they are. At least buy the first session from the early 80's. It's the classic.

And yes, Buckethead is very cool. "Colma" is probably the most relaxing guitar album ever. I wish he'd do another album like that. If he has, please let me know.

No, please post full title names and record labels please!!!

Do you have Jonas Hellborg/Buckethead/Michael Shrieve - Octave of the Holy Innocents?

That is a very well done accoustical production. Accoustic guitars and bass with a drummer. No vocals. Very awesome stuff!

Johnas Hellborg with Buckethead and Michael Shrieve - Day Eight Music - DEM 032

Buckethead
Trey Spruance
Carl August Tidemann
Allan Holdsworth
John Petrucci
Paul Gilbert
Josh Homme
Tony Iommi
Buzz Osborne
Marty Friedman

Joe Satriani! I think his music is good, but no amazing, but he's one hell of a guitarist and I think he truly deserves always to be mentioned as one of the worlds greatest as he has a technical level like almost everybody else!!!
I got a record by Al Di Meola and he sounds pretty good. I also like Steve Howe from Yes! You should try and check out "Mood for a day" from the "Fragile" LP. Amazing acoustic shit!! The last third of "The Ancient" from "Tales from topographic oceans" also has some great acoustic stuff!! I say the last third as the song is 18:34!!
I don't know if Randy Rhoads would top everyone as GuardianInFlames says. Of course this is a matter of taste (favorite guitarists), but there's also something called technical level and I think Satriani's level is higher than Rhoads, just like Hellhammer's level is higher than Lars Ulrich's!
I also think George Benson is pretty good, though not fantastic. Dimebag Darrell is also pretty good! I've read that when he was 16 he was banned from all guitar competitions in Texas, as he had won all of them!!
Slash is also good, though not fantastic either. He also usually makes good soloes, where most metal soloes are usually just "braindead wanking" as someone once called it.

My fave guitarists are:
Chuck Schuldiner (RIP)
Andy LaRocque
The brothers Amott
Mr. Steer (Carcass)
Marquis Mark (Coroner)
Mike Denner
Mike Wead
Glen Drover
Jake Lee
Marty Friedman
Dave Mustaine
Herb Simonsen
Pete Blakk
Withered Beauty
Rhapsody
Hank Shermann
Randy Rhoads
ME *LOL*
Diamond Darrell (Cowboy from Hell/Vulgar Display only)
James H/Kirk H (1980's only)
Satch
Vai
Eddie Van Halen (1984 only)
Sweet Savage
Brian Tatler
Weapon
Kim McAuliffe/Denise Dufort
Wurzel
Stiletto Heels
Judas Priest
Fight
Alex Scholnick
James Murphy
Eric Petersen
Anyone who has played in Death
Shannon Hamm (of Control Denied/Death)
That about rounds it out *LOL*

Originally posted by xenophobe

No, please post full title names and record labels please!!!

Do you have Jonas Hellborg/Buckethead/Michael Shrieve - Octave of the Holy Innocents?

That is a very well done accoustical production. Accoustic guitars and bass with a drummer. No vocals. Very awesome stuff!

Johnas Hellborg with Buckethead and Michael Shrieve - Day Eight Music - DEM 032

Thanks for that info on Buckethead.

Here's the info on Di Meola and Co.:

Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia "Friday Night in San Fransico" 1980 Sony/Columbia
- This is the essential album. It is all live except for one studio song. You will be blown away. Trust me.

Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin "Guitar Trio" 1996 Universal/Verve
- This one is very similar. I think it is all studio. Not quite the amazing improv that the live setting provided, though. You will also love this one.