Top 20 greatest guitarists?

Kurt Cobain? Give me a break. A person who just learned to play guitar an hour ago could learn every note/chord he laid down. I know some people will say, it's not about how complex it is and whatnot, but he's the most overrated musician in the world. Along with Nirvana being the most overrated band. Grunge for the most part is a joke. I'd pick Soundgarden over Nirvana anyday. And if they wanna pick guitar players that were influential, why not pick a guy that inspired two genres more than anybody else? I'm referring to the Death/Melodic Death genre and you all should know who i'm talking about. James worked with him back in 1990 yet he wasn't on James' list. Oh well. He's the exact opposite of Kurt Cobain because he's the most underrated guitarist/songwriter ever.

12/13/01 R.I.P.

Vinnie Moore (THE MAZE!)
Barrett Tagliarino
James Murphy (not trying to kiss as here...)
Bill Steer
Carl August tildemann
Ron Jarzombek
Dave Gilmour
Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)
Chuck Shuldiner
Alex Skolnik
SCott Henderson
Mikael Akerfeldt
Tony Macalpine
Steve Vai
Satriani
Buckethead
Paul Gilbert
Isahn

All these rankings of "best" guitarrists, "best" singers, etc, are bullshit.
They only take into consideration certain types of music (not metal off course) and certain musicians. It is a monopoly!

There are hundreds of metal guitarrists that would just blow guys like Claption or Slah out of the building with one hand.

It is hard for me to make a list since there are so many great guitarrists in metal, but I would definitely include the following:

Micheal Romeo (Symphony X) - He is my favorite
Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom)
Jason Becker (he was better at 17 than any of the guys on that list at the beginning of this thred)
Timo Tolkki (Stratovarius)
Stephan Forte (Adagio)
John Petrucci (Dream Theater)
James Murphy
Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt (Angra)
Andre Olbrich (Blind Guardian)
Victor Smolski (Rage)
Stephan Lill (Vanden Plas)
Olaf Thorsen (ex-Labyrinth, Vision Divine)
Guys from Dark Moor
Luca Turilli (Rhapsody)
Guy from Elegy (forgot his name)
Guy from Jag Panzer
etc
etc
etc

I guess its pretty useless to criticise that list, it all depends on personal opinion, tastes, whatever, actualy most of the names of the list i agree with ... not my top 20, but excelent musicians in their own stile ... what would you like ? a list of 100 shreders trying to outspeedplay yngwie ? ... i think the "less is more" line aplies here ...

... of course there are some truly stupid choices in that list ... but those choices will be erased with TIME ..