The Top 100 Guitarists (as voted for by Total Guitar readers)

"That's why I'm saying it's a popularity contest, and not an actual one based on talent... otherwise Borland wouldn't even be in the top 500, IMO."

Exactly.

A question, were the "voters" able to just submit ANY guitarist's name they wanted? Or was there a SET LIST of people that they simply had to rearrange? If there was a set list to begin with id have to say this whole thing is bollox!

oooooh! popularity contest as voted for by concious minded 16 year olds making a list of their favorite bands main guitarist (see bloke from lost prophets...) and some older ones just to look like it's a well balanced though out list. Then send it off to the "best guitarists poll"

My arse speaks more truth than this list compiled mainly by prebubescent idiots.

from what i know people voted by putting their top 5 guitarists, and the ones who got the most votes were put in. apparently there were about 450 guitarists mentioned, and 778 poeple voted (i was NOT one of them). Somehow i doubt Dave Edmunds was mentioned in there, and most of the actual GOOD guitarists won't have been mentioned either.

btw, Borland isn't actually a particularly bad guitarist. he's not great, and certainly not 37th, but he's not bad. he's better than most of the punk guitarists around nowadays, and better than most of the nu-metal guitarists too. although thats not hard. i'm better than most nu-metal and punk guitarists, and that would be blindfolded and one hand tied behind my back.