Guitarists.....AGAIN!!!

Tough As Steel

a.k.a. Aussie Dave
Feb 12, 2002
Canberra
Visit site
Well i have been shopping around, and at this stage i am quite keen on a Greg Bennett Ultramate electric with a Peavey Rage 158 Amp + strap & lead, which i can get for $1050.

Felt good to play, and got some wicked sounds out of it/amp.

Do any of you guys know much about these Greg Bennett guitars?

Is that price any good?

:lol: I love your signature! :lol:

(I cant help with the guitar, I havent ever heard of Greg Bennet ones, but im not exactly well versed in guitars outside the standard metally ones i.e. Bcrich, Esp, Jackson, Ibanez etc.)

Glad you got a laugh out it spawny. ;)

Yeah, i think maybe this Greg Bennett guy is Australian...not sure.

I did find a website about his guitars, but it was a very ordinary website.

sounds a bit pricey to me mate...

could be wrong though.

My understanding is that Greg Bennett guitars basically = Samick guitars. They brought in a new boss and changed the name. Having said that, I always thought that Samick made pretty decent guitars for the price range.

For 1000 bucks though you could probably get an Ibanez or whatever, and perhaps one of the Peavy Transtube amps which I think are very good for the price.

Yep - Greg Bennett "Signature" guitars are made for Samick. They look OK for the price, though can't say I've picked one up. You can get a Destroyer shaped one for about $399 or something.... I've just come back from the AMAC show in QLD where I saw a whole row of these things. "Straps & leads" enticements make me laugh though - they are very cheap to buy for stores (believe me, I know!), so I really think you should have a look at other things before you rush into this deal, dude!;) Sounds like a rort.

Want a *real* quality guitar for about $1100? Godin SD. No amp, but this is the best guitar you'll find for the price.:)

Thanks for that advice guys. Its actually called an Ultramatic, the guys wrote it down on the back of a business card, and his writing was a bit cramped.

Anyways, this is the guitar:
ultramaticview_video_of__th.jpg