Guitars from hell??

Death Animal said:
I did find this metal collection cd called Wheels of Steel
There is good bands like Saxon UFO and venom.
And there is this good Live instrumental Pat Raven-Guitars from Hell.
http://www.pattravers.com/pt/discog/discog2004.htm
Well everyone else probeply know this band.:)

Pat Travers used to be one of my 70s heroes. I remember buying "Making Magic" back in 1977 and loving every song on it.

The next one, "Putting It Straight" and the live album "Go For What You Know" are both damn good. I would not know about the later albums you'll have to check them out. But the albums I mentioned are smoking!

Go for what you know is awesome! One of the greatest live i've ever heard...The exchanges between Travers and Thrall are amazing!!! Cowling on bass and Aldridge on drums are a famous rhythm section...i listen that album very regularly again today...I get also Crash and Burn(album) with the classic Snortin'Whiskey! The Bob Marley's cover Is This love is very good if you like the kind.... And a few experiment on that album also... and finally,RadioActive is a good album too with My life is on the line and a few rocks but i like less that album... Nothing's comparable with Go for what you know and the opener Hooked on Music...:Smokin: Just a few more informations for you!

sabbatus said:
Go for what you know is awesome! One of the greatest live i've ever heard...The exchanges between Travers and Thrall are amazing!!! Cowling on bass and Aldridge on drums are a famous rhythm section...i listen that album very regularly again today...I get also Crash and Burn(album) with the classic Snortin'Whiskey! The Bob Marley's cover Is This love is very good if you like the kind.... And a few experiment on that album also... and finally,RadioActive is a good album too with My life is on the line and a few rocks but i like less that album... Nothing's comparable with Go for what you know and the opener Hooked on Music...:Smokin: Just a few more informations for you!

And some very good information! Thanks for that. I am gonna check out Crash and Burn.

Unfortunately, most of Traver's albums are out of print. Just the few popular ones are readily available. But he has a friend who produced cd copies of his more obscure albums and he sells them on ebay. That's the place to look. I picked up Hot Shot and Black Pearl there last year.

NP: Deep Purple - Rapture of the Deep

I'm looking for a title from The Pat Travers Band???:confused: You know it's a bluesy song for the most part and it's just instrumental(the bluesy part) and Travers sings when the slow part begins. It's like two songs in one because the beat changes from Blues to rather Slow! The song was popular at the time and that was played on a local FM radio station in Montreal...Does anyone know about that song??? What's the title???

sabbatus said:
I'm looking for a title from The Pat Travers Band???:confused: You know it's a bluesy song for the most part and it's just instrumental(the bluesy part) and Travers sings when the slow part begins. It's like two songs in one because the beat changes from Blues to rather Slow! The song was popular at the time and that was played on a local FM radio station in Montreal...Does anyone know about that song??? What's the title???

It would help if you would tell us what you mean by 'at the time'. Would that be 70s, 80, or later. From reading you I would guess that the song is from his later blues influenced period but I am not sure. He had a few blues tracks on his 70s albums as well.

Hawk said:
It would help if you would tell us what you mean by 'at the time'. Would that be 70s, 80, or later. From reading you I would guess that the song is from his later blues influenced period but I am not sure. He had a few blues tracks on his 70s albums as well.
Ok it's an old song of the 70's...The song is not from his Shrapnel's period! It's before Crash and Burn...Probably on the 3 first albums??? You know, there's a lot of feed-back guitar effect that he maintains during the riff and in the final part(the slow part) i think that he sang :" I hope you just understand "! Also, there's a distinctive organ's sound during the instrumental part!

sabbatus said:
Ok it's an old song of the 70's...The song is not from his Shrapnel's period! It's before Crash and Burn...Probably on the 3 first albums??? You know, there's a lot of feed-back guitar effect that he maintains during the riff and in the final part(the slow part) i think that he sang :" I hope you just understand "! Also, there's a distinctive organ's sound during the instrumental part!

I am not sure but I think that could be Stevie from his "Making Magic" album.
You can listen to that song here:

http://www.last.fm/music/Pat+Travers

See the right side of the page. Just click the link.

Death Animal said:
:cry:
I did check 3 cd store but couldn´t find any Pat Travers.:mad:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref=sr_sp_go_qs/303-1214524-7088236

:p

Hawk said:
And some very good information! Thanks for that. I am gonna check out Crash and Burn.

Around that same time, there was an FM broadcast of a show from San Francisco, CA that just absolutely SLAYS. Yet another fine memory from my past that I've gotten to relive courtesy of DimeADozen.....

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
Around that same time, there was an FM broadcast of a show from San Francisco, CA that just absolutely SLAYS. Yet another fine memory from my past that I've gotten to relive courtesy of DimeADozen.....

J-Dubya

I would to hear that one. Still, I consider his "Makin Magic" as his best.