guitars

I have a pretty varied assortment of guitars at this point. My main guitars I use now for Novembers Doom are a black Fender Squire Sub-Sonic baritone guitar, 24 frets, two humbuckers, neck through. It's a fairly inexpensive guitar if you can find one, and it's one of the best playing and sounding guitars I've ever owned, believe it or not.
I also have an ESP-LTD Viper Baritone guitar, black, 24 frets, two humbuckers, set neck, that I bought off my buddy Shaun from Soil a while back. It's a killer guitar also though it is balanced a bit differently than my Fender, and not quite as comfortable on me, but still a great guitar.
Prior to using the baritones in ND, I was mainly playing my Gibsons. I have a '91 Gibson Explorer with PAF humbuckers, 22 frets, set neck, white. If you look at any live pics of me from 2002 and back, chances are I'm playing this guitar. I also have a Gibson custom shop Explorer that was originally a weird purple color, but I sanded it down to the natural wood and stained it slightly. It has Bill Lawrence humbuckers in it, set neck, 22 frets. I don't use it too often because it needs a wiring job. I also have a black 1993 Gibson Les Paul Studio with chrome hardware, all stock. I don't realy take that out of the house, just for jamming around home. I have a 1992 Ibanez Universe 777 seven string guitar, black with green, but the headstock is broken. That was my main guitar for many years until it met with my wrath (i.e. my bad temper) and wound up with a cracked headstock. An acquaintance of mine from a well known band with an Ibanez endorsement is supposed to be getting me a replacement neck one of these days, actually....
I have a cheap nylon string classical guitar, that actually gets more play than any of my other guitars, because it's quick and easy to pick up and fiddle with. I've actually written a good majority of the last couple of albums on that thing, believe it or not. My motto is, if it sounds good on that thing, then it's good enough.
I also own a couple of basses....Ibanez SGR four string, Fender Precision 5-string, and an Ibanez EX four string fretless. I enjoy playing bass alot, I've played in a few bands here and there, and it's good for strengthening your hands.

I have a few other electric guitars lying around here and there as well, but nothing I really play too often.

nice collection man. i hear ya with the classical, i did a lot of writting for these new few songs we are recording on that thing. my electric acoustic's bridge got lost a while back and i have been searching for a year now for a new one to fit...i guess they don't sell them anymore...last week I said fuck it and used a popcicle stick...lol works fine now. but yeah, i write 50% of our music on an acoustic. i have played some baratones, the guy at the studio we go to has an old danomite baritone, and the thing is sweet. i was actully concidering getting one, but still i'm not sure still. i use 7 strings on my jacksons and tune to B and it works pretty well for me. those ltd's are pretty awesome guitars.

paul, there are 7 members in my band, and 6 of them play the skin flute..lol it sounds pretty killer on stage!!!

I've got an ESP FB-200 baritone guitar with EMG's, an Ibanez MMM-1 baritone with the stock '58 pickups(i think that's what they are) in there. I've also got an Avante AV-2 baritone acoustic guitar. Those are the three guitars I use in Novembers Doom. I also have an Ibanez RG 470DX with Seymour Duncan Intruder pickups, a Washburn 7 string with DiMarzio evolution pickups, some weird guitar called a Stagg that I bought at some small guitar store that looks like a B.C. Rich mockingbird and a Warlock put together. I've got a B.C. Rich Bich from the 80's thats not in the greatest shape. I think that's all the guitars I have.

Usurper Dan said:
Guitars are dumb.
My guitar isn't dumb....the one (me) who tried to play it is! It is black and white, and has 6 strings, and sounds like "What the hell is that noise?" I bought it when I was 28, but my window of opportunity to play closed way beforehand. Now it sits in a hardshell case, under the bed, portected by dust bunnies... I now just give a HUGE thumbs up to anyone who can play :headbang:

i once had a mockingbird thrown at my head, while i was behind a drum kit...i must say they are some solid/heavy guitars, and i don't mean tone wise lol yeah 4 guys drunk and full of rage have no buisness playing instruments together. what a nightmare that was. but i guess that's what metal is all about.

The main guitar I use is a Jackson DKMG Dinky. http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/gear.php?partno=DKMG_Dinky Mine is like a dark red, wine like color.

I'm thinking of perhaps putting new pick ups in it. As I have the EMG's that are listed in there. Any recommendations on those? I want something where I can get a nice thick and smooth clean tone, almost jazzy, but still something I can get some nice distortion out of.

I just bought an EBow today :)