Gun Master Debate

Whoever would find reason to argue with me. I'm living a happy, protected life here.

Whoever would find reason to argue with me. I'm living a happy, protected life here.

pft
you were talking about the UN troops comming, weren't you.
http://www.thestrongwatchman.com/po...y-of-un-peacekeeping-forces-invading-usa.html
"The U.S. will be invaded and occupied for a period of six to seven months. It will not exceed 7 months. At the end of this 6 - 7 month time period is when the Great Warning comes. (The Warning is used by God, to stop a Third World War.) Over a third of the United States will be occupied by a foreign force (and as much as a third of the population may be dead). The foreign force will actually be NATO and the United Nations. The U.N. will invade the United States as peacekeepers! The United Nations will be a united communist force, stating that they have come into the U.S. to liberate the Americans from an occupying force. This is their plan."

You a Jesus freak Carpe Mortem?

To borrow from a Marxist: Power flows from the barrel of a gun. This is what is fetishized. Whatever provides the power in the situation. In the NFL it's speed and muscle. In car mags its "stance" or whatever. And so on. In a gang you need a gat to be taken seriously. In the NFL you need either 4.3 speed or 400lb bench press. And so on.

Yes; it is certainly true that guns are fetishized for the potentialities they possess. They aren't, however, equal to other objects. A gun possesses vastly different dynamical potentialities than, say, a hammer.

That's true, but not in the same way. Pretty sure they don't go to gun shows, support the NRA, or anything along those lines (which is what I think of when I think "gun culture", versus gang culture which is something that happens to incorporate a love for guns out of necessity).

I see gang culture as merely another avenue in which gun-fetishism can manifest. As Dak said, in gangs you need a gat to be taken seriously, and the revealing of a gun, or flashing of a gun, is as dynamically powerful among gang members as it is among investigative officers or security guards.

The NRA posturing and polishing of firearms is merely one form of gun fetishism.

I see gang culture as merely another avenue in which gun-fetishism can manifest. As Dak said, in gangs you need a gat to be taken seriously, and the revealing of a gun, or flashing of a gun, is as dynamically powerful among gang members as it is among investigative officers or security guards.

The NRA posturing and polishing of firearms is merely one form of gun fetishism.

And the most impotent. For gangs and guards, guns are a means to an end, and so only loosely fetishized. For the NRA, guns are an end, and politics is the means and rest of the end.

Weapons are a status symbol. The slave may not own a sword. The freeman can arm himself, and the rich can pay others to carry for them. Similar dynamic with debt/scrip, silver, and gold (or small/large assets in general).

In countries where guns are tightly-controlled the gangsters usually don't even have guns and basically never resort to violent crime, usually just sticking to underground non-violent activities. This is quite common in various Asian countries. Freely-available guns greatly empower gangsters and criminals and significantly endanger the lives of innocent civillians. This has all been discussed earlier in the topic - you shouldn't be posting here unless you actually have read the whole thread to avoid going around in circles.

Japan has strict gun regulations, but the Yakuza still possess firearms. Gangs don't generally acquire them legally, although some members might. The reason that violent crime has declined isn't because no one has guns; it's because no one except the Yakuza has guns, and who's really going to put up a stand against an armed Yakuza?

Japan has strict gun regulations, but the Yakuza still possess firearms. Gangs don't generally acquire them legally, although some members might. The reason that violent crime has declined isn't because no one has guns; it's because no one except the Yakuza has guns, and who's really going to put up a stand against an armed Yakuza?

Show me statistical proof that most Japanese Yakuza possess firearms in a gun-less society, and then perhaps we can talk. And are you, as you seem to be, suggesting that violent gun crime is generally somehow caused by civillians getting into armed confrontations with armed gang members? :rolleyes: It's already been proven without doubt by studies and statistics that have been linked in this topic that guns have almost no value as devices of self-defence, but freely-available guns within a society drastically increase gun-related crime (which is inherently and generally more serious and dangerous than any other kind of violent crime), create more bloody and violent gang turf wars, and even literally increase the overall suicide rate. And of there's the blatantly obvious "duh" reasoning that if nobody else has a gun, you won't need one yourself for self protection (pepper spray, anyone?), but of course that's what the gun corporations are banking on: that you're too stupid and brainwashed to even stop for 2 seconds to use your brain and think logically. And then they laugh all the way to the bank at the stupidity of people just like YOU.

It's pretty odd, seeing somebody call Ein "stupid." Of course, you also just said that Dak hasn't read the whole thread when he was basically the lone troll feeder for most of the thread, so it's not much of a leap.

Far less crime than in the U.S. but still...

Last year there were 45 shootings and eight deaths — and of the 45 shootings, 33 were yakuza-related.

“Japan is basically a place where only yakuza and cops have guns,” Detective X stated. “We fire our guns less, so most of the shootings in Japan are yakuza versus yakuza — and as long as the yakuza are killing each other, the general public and the police didn’t seem to mind. But not anymore. There have been too many stray bullets.”

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...live-in-fear-of-japans-gun-laws/#.UsrOJ_RDuSo

Still not proof that most yakuza are lugging guns around => 33 yakuza-related shootings a year??? Meanwhile in Mexico gangs wage open warfare daily on the streets with each other and the police and even sometimes the military, all thanks to the influx of guns from your God-awfully greedy American gun corporations. A bag full of severed heads, anyone?

Would you like me to go and personally ask them?

No, it isn't proof; it's evidence. Proofs only exist in mathematical equations.

33 Yakuza-related shootings a year is evidence, yes, very strong and definitive evidence to indicate that gun violence among Japanese gangsters is almost non-existant, and this is probably because most of them likely DON'T have guns.

That is one possibility. The other is, as I've already said, that they don't need to resort to gun violence because no one else possesses one. The article mentioned that most gun violence is yakuza-on-yakuza.

Technicality: It's really still gun violence when you submit to armed robbery/rape/etc. Plenty of this in Europe. If you can't fight back you just submit. Voila, "gun crime" goes down. Crime in general , on the other hand, has reduced risk. Lower threshold for incentivization.

Technicality, semantics... yes, I know. I'm using "gun violence" to specifically refer to violence in which victims are harmed by gunfire. There are certainly problems with restricting it to this.

I'm of the belief most anti-gun folk are just plain afraid of guns because they didn't grow up with or ever touch one. Whereas knives, pipes, bows and arrows... all these deadly weapons elicit no response. Maybe because they're less intimidating looking.

I'm of the belief most anti-gun folk are just plain afraid of guns because they didn't grow up with or ever touch one.

Wow, you're right! I'm sure it's nothing to do with all the deaths and mass shooting and so forth. If only all these anti-gun fun police would just caress the warm muzzle of a shotgun they'd see that it's all worth it.

That is one possibility. The other is, as I've already said, that they don't need to resort to gun violence because no one else possesses one. The article mentioned that most gun violence is yakuza-on-yakuza.

It's the only logical possibillity. History clearly shows that when gangsters have guns, they use them a lot, either on each other or on civillians, regardless of whether the civillians are packing heat themselves or not (gangsters can just as easily shoot you down in cold blood in the back whether you've got a gun or not), and the pitifully tiny amount of gun crime in Japan clearly shows that most gangsters in Japan thus don't have guns. And logically so: it's an island in Asia, the customs officials are very efficient and use a high level of technology, and guns are illegal - how easy is it realistically gonna be to get hold of a gun anyway?

Technicality: It's really still gun violence when you submit to armed robbery/rape/etc. Plenty of this in Europe. If you can't fight back you just submit. Voila, "gun crime" goes down. Crime in general , on the other hand, has reduced risk. Lower threshold for incentivization.

"And of there's the blatantly obvious "duh" reasoning that if nobody else has a gun, you won't need one yourself for self protection (pepper spray, anyone?), but of course that's what the gun corporations are banking on: that you're too stupid and brainwashed to even stop for 2 seconds to use your brain and think logically. And then they laugh all the way to the bank at the stupidity of people just like YOU."

Oh, and if having more guns in civilian hands somehow "scares" the criminals into submission, then why is the gun-fetish USA such a criminals' paradise and many gun-less countries experience utopian-like levels of notably little crime? Do you even try to think before you spout off this gun-corpration-cock-sucking propaganda nonsense?