gunman kills 12 at premiere of dark knight rises in colorado

After the last two posts I can see exactly where this is going.

inb4 europeans "US why you no ban guns?"

Regardless the situation was bad, we do not have all the details so there is no use in speculating. And there is really no use in getting into the US vs EU gun cultural debate.

I hope you realize that Jeff isn't from Europe ;)
In the end, it's just sick and sadening and imho, if you hate humanity so much, why not kill yourself instead
of others?

Regardless the situation was bad, we do not have all the details so there is no use in speculating. And there is really no use in getting into the US vs EU gun cultural debate.

Not everyone in the EU thinks guns should be banned. I don't.

I agree but both Jeff and Loren are right; The "more armed citizens" argument is simply inaplicable to this situation.

This shit was fucking crazy. My bassists girlfriend was supposed to be in that theater, and my friend's friend and child got killed. Fuck that guy. Honestly, I kinda do feel like if someone had a gun, it might have helped. Yeah, he was in full body armor, but ask anyone who has been shot with body armor on how it feels. It still hurts like fuck, and it definitely would have distracted him shooting and injuring as many people as he did, including killing a 3 year old, and injuring a 3 month old

To be fair to the shooter, I can think of exactly zero situations where it'd be appropriate to bring a 3 year old to a midnight premier of a movie that is definitely going to be relatively dark in content and loud in battle scenes/explosions, let alone a fucking 3 month old. :lol:

To be fair to everyone else with a brain, you shouldn't have to worry about being shot up in a fucking movie theater. Also, it is common as fuck for people to bring their kids to the movies, when not appropriate, hence why there are so many jokes and spoofs and parodies on babies crying in the movie theater. It doesn't excuse the gunman at all.

I just don't get why anybody should go to a theater and bring a weapon? Maybe someone would have
shot the guy, sure, but why in the fucking hell would you just take a gun if you want to watch a movie...

I just don't get why anybody should go to a theater and bring a weapon? Maybe someone would have
shot the guy, sure, but why in the fucking hell would you just take a gun if you want to watch a movie...

To shot the people that are laughing in the seat behind you.

you mean carrying concealed weapon?
I still don't get why you should take a gun with you, even if you have the right to...even if it's
just because I don't want to carry alot of stuff around that I don't need.

Because where ever there is people there is a chance a few of them are fucking nuts. That's why. I'd take one to a damn cemetery. :heh:

Because where ever there is people there is a chance a few of them are fucking nuts. That's why. I'd take one to a damn cemetery. :heh:

you're special ;)

maybe there are just more fucked up people in the USA, that's the only reason why that argument would
count for me because I never met enough people who were sooo fucked up that I would want to take
a gun with me...not even back in the day when I did some crazy stuff.

It's just different, guys, different cultures. When we lived in USA and in Venezuela, my father always had a concealed weapon, took it with him whenever he went out at night, fortunately never had to use it except when target practicing, I used to shoot it in the sea from our boat. We were very well educated on the dangers of it, we never played around with it because we were raised well to respect it. When he moved back to Spain, first thing he did was sell it before leaving. Not needed in Europe, the worst kind of scum are pickpockets, no need for guns there.

Before people start saying this only happens in the USA, I think lately it has been happening in more countries outside of the USA. Let's not forget the shooting in Norway in 2011, what was the death toll? 80? And guns are much more difficult to get there than in the USA.