gunman kills 12 at premiere of dark knight rises in colorado

Before people start saying this only happens in the USA, I think lately it has been happening in more countries outside of the USA. Let's not forget the shooting in Norway in 2011, what was the death toll? 80? And guns are much more difficult to get there than in the USA.

How many fucked up things have you ever seen/heard about Europe besides the stuff that happened in Norway?
Even you said it's more difficult to get guns, that's why this shit doesn't happen so much over here.
At least over here (Italy) if you want to get a gun you gotta pass a psychological test to see if you're psycho or not.
In USA I don't think so....

SimonSez said:
Before people start saying this only happens in the USA, I think lately it has been happening in more countries outside of the USA. Let's not forget the shooting in Norway in 2011, what was the death toll? 80? And guns are much more difficult to get there than in the USA.

Just saying, you started it :lol: with an isolated incident as a lame example. I don't wanna go over this again.

This guy bought the weapons from a reseller, not some black market cartel; those arguments are bunk.

To be fair to everyone else with a brain, you shouldn't have to worry about being shot up in a fucking movie theater. Also, it is common as fuck for people to bring their kids to the movies, when not appropriate, hence why there are so many jokes and spoofs and parodies on babies crying in the movie theater. It doesn't excuse the gunman at all.

Lighten up, man. Of course I'm not excusing the gunman, I'm just saying you're a selfish idiot and a shitty parent if you take a baby, toddler, small child, etc to a midnight premier of a relatively violent movie. Before 6 they're not going to remember shit about it and won't appreciate anything that's going on; you're putting your desire to see the film as soon as humanly possible above the sleep cycle of your child, above the possible effects of the stimuli from the movie (loud noises, flashes, etc) on your child, and (arguably most importantly) above the other people in the theater who don't want to watch a movie with a baby in the theater. Just because it's common as fuck doesn't make it alright.

When I'm not lurking here I am a news and editorial photographer based in Denver. I covered the Columbine massacre, was on the scene shortly after the shooting started, and was covering the Century 16 shooting just hours after it started Friday morning. All these kind of incidents are nothing less than pure horror. But it's not guns that is the issue but our fractured societies and the sick people who live among us who feel pushed over the edge of madness who are so scared, angry, disillusioned and emotionally isolated that they are willing to do the most horrible things to their fellow man.

Take away the guns and these people will still find a way to harm us. Look at the Sarin gas attacks on the Tokyo subway: 13 killed, the knife attacks in Tokyo is 2008: 7 killed, ask the people who live in Glasgow Scotland where guns are basically illegal so everyone carries a pocket knife - it's the physical violence capital of Europe where people get stabbed in bar fights regularly. Need I mention the famous car bombs of Ireland, Isreal/Gaza, Iraq, or the nightclub bombings that happened throughout Europe during the 70's and 1980's? Crazy and desperate people will go to any length to see their madness through.

What this event will do is continue the deepening of our fear, anger and despair/hopelessness without significantly changing our desperate need for understanding, compassion and the reduction of the various social stresses that contribute to the antisocial anxieties that plague an invisible number of our populace regardless of the nation in which they live. If anything it will help make things worse by sending people on all sides of the political/social spectrum into knee-jerk reactionism based solely on their predisposed positions whereby they will demand instant legislation to cure what they think is, falsely, to blame without accepting that the issue is far more complicated than any quick fix.

And for anyone who thinks that "If I were there and armed I'd have made a difference", I also hang out on a forum of tactical gun instructors and military/contractor operators. They were in a serious round table discussion yesterday to figure out how to handle the situation that happened at the Century 16 theater. At the end of their long conversation they decided that unless there were 5-6 combat trained and experienced personnel in that theater who knew that the other operators were there and could instantly work in conjunction, the outcome would have been the same as if nobody had were armed with more than a pointed stick.

Lighten up, man. Of course I'm not excusing the gunman, I'm just saying you're a selfish idiot and a shitty parent if you take a baby, toddler, small child, etc to a midnight premier of a relatively violent movie. Before 6 they're not going to remember shit about it and won't appreciate anything that's going on; you're putting your desire to see the film as soon as humanly possible above the sleep cycle of your child, above the possible effects of the stimuli from the movie (loud noises, flashes, etc) on your child, and (arguably most importantly) above the other people in the theater who don't want to watch a movie with a baby in the theater. Just because it's common as fuck doesn't make it alright.

+100000000

179510_263505560429948_2129279887_n.jpg

So fucking true.

Also, one of the reasons why the dark knight was one of the best movies ever.

I call BS.

Yes, TDK is a great movie. But the things the Joker says in it really don't amount to much more than what you'd get in an introductory book on Nietzschean philosophy. I really hope people don't hear/read that stuff and think "right on man! Tell it like it is!" because there are already shit tons of disputes out there against that kind of nihilism.

Blergh. Fucking idiots watch a movie and think they've learned something.

I call BS.

Yes, TDK is a great movie. But the things the Joker says in it really don't amount to much more than what you'd get in an introductory book on Nietzschean philosophy. I really hope people don't hear/read that stuff and think "right on man! Tell it like it is!" because there are already shit tons of disputes out there against that kind of nihilism.

Blergh. Fucking idiots watch a movie and think they've learned something.

I actually meant the the movie has great writing/dialogue.

He doesn't say anything groundbraking or original compared to advanced philosophy books you read (I didn't compare the movie to a book in the first place) and you may not learn anything substantial but it definitely makes you think (and not cringe like 99% of the movies of this genre).

I actually meant the the movie has great writing/dialogue.

He doesn't say anything groundbraking or original compared to advanced philosophy books you read (I didn't compare the movie to a book in the first place) and you may not learn anything substantial but it definitely makes you think (and not cringe like 99% of the movies of this genre).

Hmm. Maybe I'm revealing too much here, but I "thought" more when he talked about his wife and his father being the cause for his facial scarring - because you weren't sure what was true... left room for the imagination.

But when he came out with that tripe during the hospital scene.. I just thought he jumped the shark a little bit.

Hmm. Maybe I'm revealing too much here, but I "thought" more when he talked about his wife and his father being the cause for his facial scarring - because you weren't sure what was true... left room for the imagination.

But when he came out with that tripe during the hospital scene.. I just thought he jumped the shark a little bit.

Yes, that is a better example of the brilliant writing in the movie but I still think the hospital scene was cool. One of the few things that didn't work for me that much was that
he actually convinced Harvey Dent to become a villain just by giving that speech. Or at least managed to tip him over the edge, since he was already in a bad emotional state after his loss. I would've thought it would take much more than that to start killing children.