Guns Everywhere becomes law in Atlanta

It's not *quite* as bad as your title suggests. On private property (e.g. Center Stage), the owner can refuse admittance to someone carrying. The difference now is in the default -- under the new law, absent specific instructions by the property owner, customers can bring in guns. Under the prior law, customers needed prior approval to bring in a licensed firearm.

I don't expect big changes at venues that already had security in place. Other places (churches, schools, stores, taverns), there's more likely to be some ... consequences to this change.

It will be an interesting case study. The results of which will likely set the tone of the nation, and likely the platform for many politicians.

Guns aren't the problem, stupid people are.

It really just is an expansion and clarification from hb89 the other year (and I assume the same aftermath will occur - namely nothing). Same rules for carrying apply, they just broaden the definition of where they can be carried.

Sure, we'll get idiots who want to flash their gun around, but you won't see much change for those who are responsible licensed owners. They'll still be out of the spotlight and you still won't know they're carrying.

I am a gun owner and Concealed Carry Licensee, as much as I applaud the law, I do see there being a huge national debate on this. I carry every where I am authorized to carry, and it is concealed. But then again I am in a different area, I am just 4 miles from the murder capital of the world Juarez Mexico, one of the most notorious and violent gangs associated with the cartels is here in El Paso. You will here that ELP is the safest city in the US and that is true, due to a good PD and Sheriff's Dept, but also to the thousands of people who choose to own and carry in this town. Last year we had 3 murders in El Paso, and that is for a city of close to 1,000,000 people, in fact we have had only one year where we had more than 5 since 2000.

Here is a news article from the trial in El Paso of a cartel hitman:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/1...to-800-murders-daily-quotas-at-kingpin-trial/