Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy

Alright, you just came off as one. If it wasn't your intention, then all good.

:lol: I like the disc, but that was good.
GLad you like it, I can;t believe it took 15 years for that crap. :loco: Axl could have thrown this together in 15 days IMO!! :ill: It is obvious he needed Izzy and Slash to balance out his crazy ass ideas with reality those 2 possess.

Read Slash's book. You are correct about the lyrics, but Axl dominated the musical direction of the Illusion albums. He changed the structures, tones, etc from what the original song was to what he had in his psycho head, including what the others submitted. It's one of the reasons that Izzy got the hell out of dodge.
You only have to listen to the songs Slash has been involved in to know that he didn't write the melodies, just the guitar riffs. Yes, I am an Axl apologist but the rest of Guns is nothing without him. Axl is Guns n Roses. Personally I love Chinese Democracy; I can't listen to Velvet Revolver or Snakepit, they're awful.

Now . . . if Axl would just release the rest of the stuff he has. Brian May, Sebastian Bach and Brain have all said he has 3 CDs worth, at least, of finished tracks.

Read Slash's book. You are correct about the lyrics, but Axl dominated the musical direction of the Illusion albums. He changed the structures, tones, etc from what the original song was to what he had in his psycho head, including what the others submitted. It's one of the reasons that Izzy got the hell out of dodge.

Axl seemed to be the only one liking the more melodic direction of GNR. But at some point Axl started to definitely see it as 'his' band. I think it was unfair to his band to not use some of Slash's solos and instead use the session musicians. I also think that Axl is a punk for some of his infamous stage antics. However, I have to say that when it comes down to it, I enjoy the music he writes.