Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy

But, it will sell due to the name.

I'd agree with that. They put out that Greatest Hits CD in 2004 and it went 4x Platinum! And I'm willing to bet the majority of people who bought it already owned those songs on the original releases. So that's why I believe their name possibly eclispes the material. Hell, I bet the could put out a Greatest Hits II CD with the same songs in different order and it'd do well.

I'm a big GNR fan that's also avoided the leaks. Looking forward to finally hearing it. I will say that when I saw them in concert a few years ago, they played 4-5 songs from the new album and I remember my reaction being that they were surprisingly good. Since then I've been looking forward to hearing finalized versions. Axl's voice also still sounds amazing, which was a pleasant surprise.

Appetite remains one of the best albums ever made (totally perfect for the time it was released, and holds up to this day).

"So, how does Dr Pepper plan on dispensing the free sodas? Well, on November 23 — and only on November 23 — thirsty Americans can log on to the official Dr Pepper Web site and register all of their vitals, so that the company can mail them a coupon for a free 20-ounce can of the drink."

So for a mere 75 cents in savings, I get to give Dr. Pepper all of my contact information so I can be on their marketing lists for life? Gee, what a deal!!!

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the single. Buckethead played like a maniac on the track! Awesome to hear something like that on the radio. I look forward to hearing the entire album.

I don't have the retail version of this yet, but is it Buckethead or Ron Thal (Bumblefoot)? I dont even know how much of the album Thal is on, but he
is monster of guitar player. If he's on half of it, I'll blind buy it just for that..,.

"Appetite for Destruction" remains in my Top 5 All-Time list.

Yep.

I'll never forget the moment when, lonnng before "Welcome to the Jungle" was released to rock-radio as the first single from Appetite, 96rock in Atlanta premiered "Paradise City" from the hitherto unknown band Guns'n'Roses during their nightly "Smash or Trash" feature. They'd play the song, then take calls from listeners to see what they thought of the song.

At the time, rock radio was virtually metal-free. 96rock seldom if ever played, say, Judas Priest at that time, and had a station rule in place that said they couldn't play Iron Maiden, ever. (My deejay friends there hated that rule.)

"Paradise City" came on, and I knew instantly that rock-radio was about to change forever.
And it did.
G'n'R blazed a trail with Appetite that Metallica was able to ride effortlessly down just a year or two later.

"Paradise City" got 98% positive calls, too! :headbang: :heh:

The whole CD is streaming here :

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

I think it's amazing but I've listened to almost nothing but Chinese Democracy demos for the last 6+ months so I'm a little biased.

Better, Street of Dreams, Sorry, IRS, Prostitute and This I Love are my favorites.

To answer a question above, Buckethead's parts were left on but Bumblefoot is on every track with stuff he added. So those two and Robin Finck are all there. This is a quote from Bumble's message board about the title track :

"The wacky solos on this one are all Bucket kickin' ass

I played fretless rhythm stuff, all the low sliding in the rhythm guitars hard-panned right in the verses, left on the choruses and under the solo...

Ron"

So for a mere 75 cents in savings, I get to give Dr. Pepper all of my contact information so I can be on their marketing lists for life? Gee, what a deal!!!

You obviously haven't bought a 20oz Dr. Pepper lately. It's $1.49 in savings, so now I'm confident you'll see that it's CLEARLY worth the lifetime of spam. :)

Personally, I have multiple e-mail addresses, so I'll just use my "sacrificial lamb" address to get the free DP, and they can spam it all they want.

:kickass: <-----me, enjoying my free DP, with no spam aftertaste

Craig

I said 75 cents because you’re getting a 12 oz. can of Dr. Pepper, not a bottle :(

Also, they are going to mail you a coupon. You’ll need to give them your true postal address, unless you’ve got multiple postal addresses sent up to receive your marketing junk in the mail ;)

The whole CD is streaming here :

http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses

I've been digging this for the past hour, and must say that it's quite enjoyable to listen to....very dramatic. However, I would prefer that it would've actually came out as a newly named project (not GnR) or as Axl's solo project. It's actually more along the lines of a rock opera that has more of a chance with this crowd than a typical Guns listener. The mix is pretty awesome, too. It just seems that its industrial undertones illustrate that this album would've been perfect about 10 years ago.

I am enjoying the album very much here. It's just a shame it took so long for this to be ready.

By the way, I.R.S. and Street of Dreams raaaaaawk!

The first part of the album was so-so, but the latter part sounds a lot better.

Streaming from MySpace as well. Will buy the album eventually when I make it in to Worst Buy. No hurry. I'm sure it will be around for a while :)

I'm not sure it was worth the 14 year wait, but it's not too bad considering most of the crap on the radio these days. IMHO it's not on par with Appetite for Destruction, but few albums can hold a candle to that.

Sorry, but I am going to come off as a naysayer here....

How can this be called Guns N Roses?

Also, how many different people played on this?
This wasn't written or recorded as a "band".

Also, when you have a band who released an Top 5 or Top 10 Album of all time, you better come back VERY strong.

The delays and hype I think in the long run are going to make this extremely forgettable.

I bet one year from now, people will be saying things like, "Oh yea, that G N R album did finally come out. Not much hype anymore"

Axl should have simply released it as AXL ROSE. The volumes sold would no doubt be exactly the same.

I suppose the same could be said about Smashing Pumpkins, except for the fact that aside from the drums, Corgan recorded all the parts anyhow. So therefore, recorded Pumpkins was always about 75% Corgan. G N R's classics were written and recorded as a band.

I know this will not be a popular opinion, as Guns N Roses seem to be held to a godlike status around here, and that is fine.