Gus G gear.

Hi everyone. I'm using overloud Th2/ Randall t2 amp with 4x12 Vintage30 cab
also tubenine overdrive, which is kinda like green screamer i believe and some other fx.
I really like guitar tone from premonition album and live Dvd.

I'm using t2hh settings that Gus used, but i belieave it does not go to Randall t2 amp. It sounds to much on highs and all that.

Could someone help me to get that tone even if its not a real amp, but VST crap?

Just play with your own tone... There's no purpose in trying to sound identical to another guitarist.

I don't have my own tone, when I try to get one I end up with unplugged guitar in my hands playing metal.
It's not like I want to be Gus, but I like hes tone, just as I like Luis Mariutti bass tone from Shaman Ritualive dvd, or Kai Hansen's voice.
I just WANT to get something like this, because I like it.
And using same gear would be much easier to achieve this. :)

As they say, "tone is all in the hands."

With that being said, if you want to sound like Gus G, you must acquire Gus G's hands and then pay someone to surgically replace your hands with Gus's. It is an arduous task, but one must never lose hope!

Keep your head up high, brother!!

Hi everyone. I'm using overloud Th2/ Randall t2 amp with 4x12 Vintage30 cab
also tubenine overdrive, which is kinda like green screamer i believe and some other fx.
I really like guitar tone from premonition album and live Dvd.

I'm using t2hh settings that Gus used, but i belieave it does not go to Randall t2 amp. It sounds to much on highs and all that.

Could someone help me to get that tone even if its not a real amp, but VST crap?

What kind of guitar are you using? What kind of wood? bridge, neck,fretboard,pickups ?

Gus 200 stock pickups

I have several Gus LTD models, including 2- 200NT's and the Heaven and Hell head. Aside from the fact that the 200 is made of basswood and Gus' models are made of Alder, I would say that your pickups are the problem. I can say that with a fair amount of certainty due to the fact that in one of my 200's I have the ESP stock pickups and on the other, I have upgraded to the Gus Fire Blackouts. They made a big difference in the sound of that guitar.

If you have the money, get the Fire Blackouts for the higher output. Gus also uses a BBE Green Screamer pedal for his solos. BBE just released the new "G Screamer" Gus signature pedal, which is basically the Green Screamer, on steroids. They run about 120 USD. Not too bad. I just purchased mine last night, and won't have it for a couple of weeks, so I can't comment on it's sound, but I think for you, you should change those pickups and put either the Fire Blackouts or the pickups that Gus used during the era or tone that you like, Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge and Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck. Both sets sound great.

Good luck! Keep us posted!!

I know hes gear pretty good, just settings not that much. I would like to buy Duncan distortion/59 set, but It's to expensive for my guitar skill. :D The problem is that, I just cant get good tone for mixing/ recording purposes. I suck at that, all default presets sounds better in mix than my own sound attempts. :D

Well, bad pickups one a 400 dollar guitar is the culprit. Without good tone at the beginning of the tone signal, make it extremely hard to get the thick heavy tone you are looking for.

If your guitar skill is not that great, then nothing you will do will make you sound better.

If you're using TH2, the cabinet sim that you use makes a huge difference on tone and the way the EQ controls respond. If you want to experiment further, use TH2 to load custom impulse response files of mic'd cabs. Google impulse responses and I recommend the Guitar Hacks pack to get started with. Load the .wav file of the impulse you want to try in the custom IR cab in the TH2 interface and experiment... good luck!