Gus G is the new Ozzy axeman

preampdude

May 5, 2009
London UK
I have exclusive news for you, from *the most* reliable source:

Zakk Wylde has been fired and Gus G will replace him in the upcoming L.A. gig.
John 5 auditioned as well but was rejected.

Gus G was born in Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece, which happens to be my hometown. :kickass:

Tough break for Zakk, apperently his dad recently died as well. Oh well, more time for kicking ass in BLS I guess.

Gotta check this Gus guy out as well.

so zakk really found out second hand about being replaced? thats so effin harsh, esp after all this time. i dont pretend to know their relationship, but damn, thats messed up... not being told in person, or at least first.

though i woulda loved to see John 5 get the gig, i'm really interested to see who this guy is and what he can do. :headbang:

i agree with ya there, the last two times i saw him live he was absolutely terrible. i'm surprised zakk didnt leave him. but i just wasnt sure about the whole zakk finding out from a reporter that he was out. maybe ozzy was too busy shooting a samsung commercial to call him and let him know. ass... but i'll probably still pick up the new album just to hear this new guy

im sure there was a quote saying the new guy would be "unknown" . . .

Unknown if you're living under a rock, *cough* Sharon Osbourne *cough*. :lol:

If this is true, I'm happy for Gus, that's awesome regardless of what any of us think about Ozzy these days. At least in my opinion, the problem with the last couple of Ozzy albums hasn't been Ozzy himself. Gus is an amazing player and a great writer, a rare combination!

I wouldn't doubt it if he's in then out by the time the album comes out! Remember Ozzy played gigs with Alex Skolnick for a few minutes in the past..It seems Ozzy is most comfortable with Zakk in the band...

Ozzy needs to record a final Sabbath album more than a new solo disc!

I'm not a fan of Firewind or power metal in general, but this is excellent news for Gus G because despite not liking Firewind I believe he is a gifted guitarist and deserves this kind of extra recognition he will receive being in Ozzy's band.
Hopefully, unlike Zakk, he will not butcher the songs Randy and Jake E Lee wrote.

to hell with Firewind. Dream Evil all the way!, that's Gus's best work.

He has also played with Arch Enemy :kickass:

I loved black rain, was hoping for a follow-up. Last time ozzy played with someone else besides zakk (down to earth) it can be certainly be agreed didnt turn out a good album. Use zakk and use kevin churko to produce the fucker and it will be a awesome record!

Unknown if you're living under a rock, *cough* Sharon Osbourne *cough*. :lol:

If this is true, I'm happy for Gus, that's awesome regardless of what any of us think about Ozzy these days. At least in my opinion, the problem with the last couple of Ozzy albums hasn't been Ozzy himself. Gus is an amazing player and a great writer, a rare combination!

+1:kickass: