Gus G live solo tab

dino1978

New Metal Member
Jul 29, 2010
Hey to everybody,
I just love his live solo, so I tried and tab the whole thing:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d7bwg7

You find the solo here:

the tabs are far from perfect, but it's nearly all there... just help to make it perfect if You can :)

All my best, and let me know what You think about it
Dino

Last edited by a moderator:
i love this solo. it's so good!!!!! bob's solo, gus' solo and The fire and the fury are a 3-pack in my ipod. i linked them!!:)

i think that Gus probably did this solo like this:
"i have a solo at the show (+dvd) and i'll do some crazy licks: first some slow bendings that hint "the fire and the fury" and get wilder and wilder and wilder.... go to the lower tones and work myself up in mid speed playing (for us it's high speed - for Gus it's mid speed) to the high notes. then some sweep picking in the same pitch, but because sweep picking is boring i hit every note (since he is gus G and not some normal pro-player). meanwhile playing that, i point the guitar in the exact position that it mirrors a frontrowfan -to- guitar -to- camera, so that dude can say "dudes, i was part of the guitar solo:)". then i finish the solo with a great ending and throw the pick to the crowd, turn around and get ready for the fury. after the show i thank bob for the keyboard "oooh's" during the solo"

:D yeaah? i really listened to this A LOT and watched it A LOT!