Gus G Fire Blackouts

Mar 5, 2009
Switzerland
www.facebook.com
Guitar Players!

Does anyone of you guys have Gus G Fire Blackout pickups?

If yes, what do you think about them?

Do you have other pickups and can you compare them? (Seymour Duncan, EMG, Dimarzio.. etc..)

I have no place where I can try them, watched some Youtube videos and read a lot about them at different forums. I would like to hear your feedback about them! :)

Meanwhile, I'll do my picking exercises :)

Edit: Of course I know the pickups from the Firewind / Gus G solo CD's / Gus's demonstration videos, I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has tried them and knows different pickups!

Excellent pickups. They do exactly what the description says. Brings the tonal qualities of a passive pickup together with the best qualities of active pickups.
I have EMGs on my Les Paul, Blackouts are much better IMO. The Fire Blackouts are fairly versatile pickup. Nice cleans, searing leads and tight bottom end with a nice midrange.
I have several of my Gus guitars equipped with them. I replaced the stock Blackouts in my Edwards RockArt with Fire blackouts and being able to compare pickups in the same guitar. They give a more "organic" quality in their tone.

Excellent pickups. They do exactly what the description says. Brings the tonal qualities of a passive pickup together with the best qualities of active pickups.
I have EMGs on my Les Paul, Blackouts are much better IMO. The Fire Blackouts are fairly versatile pickup. Nice cleans, searing leads and tight bottom end with a nice midrange.
I have several of my Gus guitars equipped with them. I replaced the stock Blackouts in my Edwards RockArt with Fire blackouts and being able to compare pickups in the same guitar. They give a more "organic" quality in their tone.

Thanks KFD, That is definately a help!

Do you think it could be a dumb idea to build the Blackouts into my guitar, when it's not the best quality? The Body is mahagony but the rest of the guitar is processed at a reduced rate..

Would you put blackouts into a lower priced guitar?

Thanks KFD, That is definately a help!

Do you think it could be a dumb idea to build the Blackouts into my guitar, when it's not the best quality? The Body is mahagony but the rest of the guitar is processed at a reduced rate..

Would you put blackouts into a lower priced guitar?

Replacing the stock pickups with better quality pickups will definitely be a tonal upgrade. It all depends on if you are ok with putting in pickups that may equal over half the value of the guitar (just guessing at the guitar cost). Besides, if you keep the old pickups, and you decide to sell the guitar, take the blackouts out and keep them for the next guitar.

Don't forget. Eddie Van Halen made his guitar out of cheap parts and put a better pickup in it. With that guitar, he created some of the best tones in music history. 40 yrs later, people are still trying to figure out how he did it.