Looking for an ESP Gus G. RS FR

mjmguitars

Jun 9, 2011
Hey Folks,

I am looking for an ESP Gus G. RS FR, signature guitar. ESP stopped making them in 2008 in favor of the NT (fixed bridge) model.

I see plenty of the LTD 600-RS models on eBay and other places, but the ESP models are so scarce!

Does anybody have one to sell or know of any dealers (in the U.S.) that still have one in stock (or the the back room somwehere)?

Here is a photo of one, in case you haven't seen it >>
gus-g_fr.jpg

Thanks!

:Spin:

Good luck! I've been looking for one for 2 1/2 years and have yet to come across one.. Not even one that was way over priced! They are hard to come by. I've asked people on Youtube if they want to sell theirs, a million emails. And phone calls all to no avail. ( I even asked Gus if he would sell me one of his!)

If you find 2 let me know and I'll do the same.

Happy hunting!

Thanks!

I'll ask (beg, plead) him this afternoon during my lesson. Going to The Whiskey A-Go-Go tonight!

Rock!

The esp Floyd model is probebly the rarest next to the edwards version, and good luck with the lesson
You guys could also edromans in las Vegas but i know ed doesn't like esp so mutch

The esp Floyd model is probebly the rarest next to the edwards version, and good luck with the lesson
You guys could also edromans in las Vegas but i know ed doesn't like esp so mutch

Ya, he's not a fan of any non American products

Ya, he's not a fan of any non American products

But he can deal with ibanez but esp he just flat out says there shit, but there is a HUGE difference between the esp 200(korea) 600(china) and japan build models and the models like the NT-II are build in the custom shop so there even a whole other league

But he can deal with ibanez but esp he just flat out says there shit, but there is a HUGE difference between the esp 200(korea) 600(china) and japan build models and the models like the NT-II are build in the custom shop so there even a whole other league

Actually, the 200's are built in China and the 600's are built in Korea. I've played ESP versions of the Gus models that I have (Except for the FR) and didn't find a world of difference between them. I thought I was taking a risk dropping money on the LTD's when I hadn't played them before, but I was VERY happy with them from the start. I initially got my first one because it was a great deal and the guitar had just been released. Every one that I have plays and sounds great. That's just my preference of course. I would never buy an Epiphone because they are not a real Gibson (kinda hypocritical lol) But I know many Gibson owners who also have Epiphones and feel that in some cases, the quality is better. (Of course Gibson's standards have dropped over the years.)

I don't get the Ed Roman Ibanez love either...Maybe because there are so many American guitar players that use them, he feels it's ok?. Obviously I don't know the numbers, but in looking at the ESP artist page, it would appear that there are more Non US artists using them. Maybe that's his beef??

It's funny though because I have seen his ESP replicas (i.e George Lynch) and I guess he feels that that form of "plagerism" is ok as long as it is made in America.

I talked to that guy on the phone a few years back and he was an arrogant prick...

Actually, the 200's are built in China and the 600's are built in Korea. I've played ESP versions of the Gus models that I have (Except for the FR) and didn't find a world of difference between them. I thought I was taking a risk dropping money on the LTD's when I hadn't played them before, but I was VERY happy with them from the start. I initially got my first one because it was a great deal and the guitar had just been released. Every one that I have plays and sounds great. That's just my preference of course. I would never buy an Epiphone because they are not a real Gibson (kinda hypocritical lol) But I know many Gibson owners who also have Epiphones and feel that in some cases, the quality is better. (Of course Gibson's standards have dropped over the years.)

I don't get the Ed Roman Ibanez love either...Maybe because there are so many American guitar players that use them, he feels it's ok?. Obviously I don't know the numbers, but in looking at the ESP artist page, it would appear that there are more Non US artists using them. Maybe that's his beef??

It's funny though because I have seen his ESP replicas (i.e George Lynch) and I guess he feels that that form of "plagerism" is ok as long as it is made in America.

I talked to that guy on the phone a few years back and he was an arrogant prick...

I've heard several times that Ed is a prick, and i also think its hypocritical of the George lynch copies. but i'm probably getting a ESP custom soon i want one before i start touring with my band.

btw are you getting the Gus G pickup i think i will

I've heard several times that Ed is a prick, and i also think its hypocritical of the George lynch copies. but i'm probably getting a ESP custom soon i want one before i start touring with my band.

btw are you getting the Gus G pickup i think i will

Ya, I will be getting the pickup set....I just don't know which guitar to put them in... I think I will put them in the new 600 when it comes in and then put the Duncan Dist/59 in the next 200.

I have a set of Blackouts that I bought for the new 600, but it's taking forever for it to come in... It's been on order for about 5 or so months now and the dealer said that ESP told him that it may not be in by the end of the year...

I think my 600 FR and NT, I'm just going to get the Duncan modulator to "Activate" the old Gus pickup combo.

Then of course there is the Gus Blackstar amp coming out...That's going to be lots of $$$$$$$!!!!

Fuck, I just remembered that I also have some rare Firewind memorabilia on hold for me, so I gotta take care of that first. :/

Ya, I will be getting the pickup set....I just don't know which guitar to put them in... I think I will put them in the new 600 when it comes in and then put the Duncan Dist/59 in the next 200.

I have a set of Blackouts that I bought for the new 600, but it's taking forever for it to come in... It's been on order for about 5 or so months now and the dealer said that ESP told him that it may not be in by the end of the year...

I think my 600 FR and NT, I'm just going to get the Duncan modulator to "Activate" the old Gus pickup combo.

Then of course there is the Gus Blackstar amp coming out...That's going to be lots of $$$$$$$!!!!

Fuck, I just remembered that I also have some rare Firewind memorabilia on hold for me, so I gotta take care of that first. :/

What kind of memorabilia?

Chiming in here, I just picked up a set of the new Gus G. pups from S.D.

I am going to put them in one of my ESP NT's. I am going to replace the one with the EMG 81/85's (don't ask me why I went with that combo, tho! :err:).

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday!

MJM

Chiming in here, I just picked up a set of the new Gus G. pups from S.D.

I am going to put them in one of my ESP NT's. I am going to replace the one with the EMG 81/85's (don't ask me why I went with that combo, tho! :err:).

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday!

MJM

lol you went with that combo because you must have liked Zakk at some point lol

True, true!

Actually, these were from the KFK set (with the PA2 Gain Boost Switch) which was going to replace the coil-splitter switch, but my tech couldn't figure out how to wire it up (and also, there is not a lot of room inside of the guitar body for the hardware). Should be cool with the Gus Fire set (and look great to boot!).

MJM

Well, I got that original ESP Gus G FR, I've bought the very last copy here in europe a few weeks ago :) A friend of mine just bought the LTD Gus G FR at the same time, what a coincidence. We didn't meet yet to start a comparison but I think that there is no difference, neither the sound nor the handling. So I think it's ok buying a used LTD Gus G FR.

Here are some fotos og my ESP Gus G FR, right after fetching at the guitar shop:

esp_gus_1.JPG

esp_gus_2.JPG

Cheers,
Oliver

Well, I got that original ESP Gus G FR, I've bought the very last copy here in europe a few weeks ago :) A friend of mine just bought the LTD Gus G FR at the same time, what a coincidence. We didn't meet yet to start a comparison but I think that there is no difference, neither the sound nor the handling. So I think it's ok buying a used LTD Gus G FR.

Here are some fotos og my ESP Gus G FR, right after fetching at the guitar shop:

esp_gus_1.JPG

esp_gus_2.JPG

Cheers,
Oliver

Ohh, nice dude!

Okay, let's start the bidding! How much are you willing to sell it for?!?! :headbang:

Seriously, nice guitar man! So, if I have any chance, I have to go overseas, eh?!

Ohh, nice dude!

Okay, let's start the bidding! How much are you willing to sell it for?!?! :headbang:

Seriously, nice guitar man! So, if I have any chance, I have to go overseas, eh?!

Nope, he said he bought the last one lol

esp_gus_1.JPG

esp_gus_2.JPG

Cheers,
Oliver

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!!!

You punk. I want that. :(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!!!

You punk. I want that. :(

Ok, what is the bid for my ESP GUS G? Perhaps I would sell it but it depends on your offers. Please send a PM.

Cheers,
Oliver