Thoughts on ESP LTD GUS-600 with FR?

Hi there!

After looking for a decent metal axe and several attempts (RR3, RR24M) I found the ESP LTD GUS-600 to be pretty cool, both look-wise and sound-wise. Matter of taste, I know.

The axe has everything I want (cool shape, 2 passive humbuckers, FR, decent hardware, thin neck) but is claimed to be pretty neck heavy :cry: Honestly, I don't want to drill a brand new guitar...

Do you have any alternative for me in the price range from 700,- - 900,- €? I can get the GUS-600 including the original ESP case (139,- €) for a set price of 950,- €, which is considerably below the price the guitar was on sale for. Sadly ESP decided to discontinue the FR-model of the Gus G-signature model so this is one (brand new) from 2008.

Guitars I checked out so far:

- RR24M - cool but just one PU
- RR3 - was good but neck heavy and the bolt-on-neck resulted in a bad position for reaching the highest frets

Maybe the ESP LTD V-401DX? OK, no passive PUs but it seems OK for 729,- €. Otherwise I'd prefer more rounded shape, like the GUS-600 or the Schecter V (which is too expensive and the neck is said to be pretty thick).

Any thoughts?