GUS G. To Perform With OZZY OSBOURNE ???

I'd also like to know why the original thread got deleted. To be honest what's the point in having a forum if you can't discuss the things you want. As long as discussions aren't offensive to anyone, what harm was it that we talked about it. It's out there anyway, everyone's talking about it. That said, why still no confirmation from Gus himself??

Okay, this may be of interest to you. This months Metal Hammer (UK) has just landed on my doormat. They interviewed Gus at the Unirock Festival in Turkey, as follows:
After the show we hook up with Gus G and inquire about the persistent rumour onsite that he's set to become Ozzy's new guitarist.
Gus "Yeah everyone seems to know more about this than me........I don't know too much"
MH "But you do know something?"
Gus "Ahhhhh" he laughs looking nervous.
Gus "Let's say if the opportunity comes up, I'll take it. Who wouldn't? That's all I can say!"

We will all find out tomorrow at the closing ceremony of Blizzcon!

It's Official: GUS G., TOMMY CLUFETOS To Perform With OZZY OSBOURNE At BLIZZCON - Aug. 21, 2009
OZZY OSBOURNE's official web site has been updated with the following announcement:

"Ozzy will be performing [on Saturday, August 22] at the Anaheim Convention Center [in Anaheim, California] as part of the closing ceremonies at BlizzCon '09. However, due to [longtime OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist] Zakk Wylde's current touring commitments with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and [longtime OZZY drummer] Mike Bordin's ongoing reunion tour with FAITH NO MORE, Ozzy will be playing with guitarist Gus G. [FIREWIND] and drummer Tommy Clufetos [ROB ZOMBIE, ALICE COOPER, TED NUGENT] for this special performance. They will be joining current Osbourne band members Rob 'Blasko' Nicholson (bass; ex-ROB ZOMBIE) and Adam Wakeman (keyboards).

"Ozzy loves the challenge of working with new musicians and is enjoying the sound and energy that this band has been producing in rehearsals this week.

"Catch Ozzy's performance as part of DirecTV's pay-per-view airing of BlizzCon '09, which is also available as an Internet stream from www.blizzcon.com."

In addition to his current axe-slinging duties with FIREWIND, Gus (real name: Kostas Karamitroudis) has played in MYSTIC PROPHECY, NIGHTRAGE, ARCH ENEMY and DREAM EVIL.

Had the opportunity to see Gus and Ozzy at Blizzcon! \m/ \m/ Gus was cool enough to hang out backstage and talk to me a bit even if my Greek was fairly broken. ;) Cool dude, was kind enough to take some pictures with me and my friend and sign some autographs! Hope this gig works out for you Gus, it's going to be awesome touring with Ozzy!

Also wanted to say thanks to Adam Wakeman who was kind enough to sign and takes some pics with us as well. I had the opportunity to see Adam perform with his famous father, Rick years ago at the Ventura County Theater during the Wakeman and Wakeman tour!!!

Thank you both for putting on a great show at Blizzcon and the fans!

GO PANATHINAIKOS ;)

GO P.A.O.K

Efxapisto Poli Gus! - Antonio Kontokanis - Blizzcon 2009

As I said before, this has got to be a great opportunity for Gus G! As long as he still pours lots of love an attention into Firewind then I wish him all the best!! And hey, if Ozzy comes back to the UK you can be sure I'll be there! :)

AND NOW??? WHAT YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IT?
AND NOW???

You got a problem? :err: When I wrote my posts, there was no news, only rumors.
As for "Gus and Ozzy", as far as I can tell they're not lovers. So there still is no "Gus and Ozzy". Just Gus doing a gig with Ozzy.
"Gossip and slander" was about people talking about Gus leaving Firewind, which is obviously not the case.
You may not get my sense of humor, but you can behave. And don't shout at me, kiddo.

FULL CONCERT:

01. Bark At The Moon

02. Suicide Solution

03. War Pigs

04. I Don't Know

05. Mr. Crowley

06. I Don't Wanna Stop

07. Iron Man

08. I Don't Want to Change the World

09. Crazy Train (featuring Yuto Miyazawa)

10. Paranoid

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm SO behind.

I've rarely been online for the last few months. The last time I logged into these forums was June 3rd!!!!!

But don't worry, I've been listening to Firewind as much as ever but never paid any attention really to this whole "Gus and Ozzy" drama.

Firewind is Gus' baby. And I have every confidence that he wouldn't just ditch Firewind to play for Ozzy.