Gus Monsanto and Adagio part ways (updated)

Former ADAGIO Singer Joins TAKARA

Long-running American hard rock band TAKARA, whose early recordings featured the vocals of legendary singer Jeff Scott Soto (TALISMAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JOURNEY), has announced the addition of former ADAGIO frontman Gustavo Monsanto to the group's ranks. Monsanto will make his recording debut with TAKARA on the band's as-yet-untitled new album, which is currently being recorded at Big Swede Studios in Los Angeles with engineer Stephan Svenson and producer/TAKARA guitarist Neal Grusky. The CD will include a re-recording of the song "Spotlight" from the band's first LP, "Eternal Faith". Plans are also underway for the release of a TAKARA live CD/DVD and best-of record as well as a collection of previously unreleased demo recordings from 1988.

TAKARA's current recording lineup is rounded out by YNGWIE MALMSTEEN members Bjorn Englen (bass) and Patrick Johannson (drums), and longtime TAKARA keyboardist Brook Hansen.

Commented Gus: "It is finally official: I will be flying to Los Angeles really soon to finish the vocals on TAKARA's new album. I've been following the band for a long time and the fact they think highly enough of my work to replace Jeff Scott Soto in the band. I met Jeff a while ago, who gave me his full blessings when I mentioned the negotiations with TAKARA and I also had a blast with Patrick Johansson, the drummer in the band when he was in Brazil to play with Yngwie. I am really busy finishing lyrics and melodies in my home studio and will keep you all posted about this new endeavour."

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/takararocks.