guys. what's up.

omg you guys are entering a snow shitstorm!!

[font='MS Sans Serif',Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As of 1:26 PM[/font]

This afternoon. Snow developing early by mid afternoon. Becoming heavy at times and reducing visibility to less than one quarter mile with 2 to 3 inches accumulation by evening. Highs in the mid 30s. Northeast winds increasing to 15 to 20 mph.

Tonight. Heavy snow with visibility less than one quarter mile at times this evening. Snow continuing after midnight. Windy. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 20 to 30 mph.

Wednesday. Occasional snow. Windy. Total snow accumulation of 6 to 12 inches. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds 20 to 30 mph.

xfer works in an ice cream store?

what's your favorite flavor? how many flavors do you have? can you take home extra?

answer me these questions 3 and i'll tell you all you ever wanted to know about the inner workings of a donut shop.

i work in an ice cream/coffee shop one night a week.

i do not like ice cream. we have like 40ish. i can take home a large each night, but i rarely do, and when i do, it's because a roommate has called and requested it.

What really sucks for me is if I was home, I'd get maybe 3 inches but nooo I'm on spring break so it's 12ish

we made donuts every day- usually a huge batch of dough and then separated it into the makings of all different kinds. started at 3:30am, and finished around noon (sat/sun in high school).

not sure what kind of grease was used- it came in giant plastic buckets, though, and was probably some kind of basic lard melted. i mostly did the actual frying/turning/lifting out of grease vat of the donuts and then the icing/glazing.

only with freshly fried ones, dripping with ultrahot grease. the icing was too sticky and left evidence. but a good friend of mine (who i'm still friends w/ and see often) worked the counter and she'd pass off any "tainted" donuts to certain bitchy consumers.

not very often. picturing dough floating in an enormous vat of grease and then eating it makes me feel kind of BLARGFATTY. at the time, we could take home a dozen at the end of a shift if we wanted, but i was so sick of them i usually didn't.

i wasn't really thrilled with ice cream when i started, so working with it just made me be like "no thanks". i think i eat ice cream once every six months, if that. (i had a Malaysian ice cream rose sundae in San Francisco last month, and before that I can't remember ANYTHING in a year or so).

I mean, besides Al Kaprelian.

P1130041.JPG