GWAR - Violence Has Arrived 10

EvilVince

Satan Christ
Dec 16, 2001
Morristown, Arizona
myspace.com
GWAR - Violence Has Arrived
10 Heavy-As-Fuck Hexes

Shockingly, from out of the blue, GWAR unleashes a punishing juggernaut of devastating vicious power! Buyer beware - GWAR has released a malicious onslaught of pure hatred, guaranteed to slaughter the weakest of listeners (posers and faggots all!). They said it was going to be heavy, but fuck! What an amazing job! Well-crafted, catchy, vile and sick metal about as heavy as it can get. This just very well might be the best GWAR ever!

GWAR was the band that got me into heavy metal and thus helped forge me into the extreme metalhead I proudly am today. When I first heard the all-time metal classic "Scumdogs of the Universe" more than a decade ago I was blinded by their outlandish violence and heaviness, and it enthralled me. I had never heard anything like it before. It was so in-your-face, fuck-you-in-the-ass brutal that I fell in love with metal immediately. Almost overwhelming at first listen, it took me awhile to get into. Fuck, before GWAR all I listened to was radio pop and '70s classical rock. Metal soon became an acquired taste and GWAR opened the gateway for me to more extreme metal bands like Slayer, Morbid Angel, Deicide and Cannibal Corpse.

It's been over a decade and GWAR has released album after album. Although they all have their moments, none have come close to the extremity of heaviness and violence reminiscent of "Scumdogs of the Universe". That is until now.

You've surely heard the hype. You've heard things like how incredibly heavy the album is supposed to be. For once I can assure you to follow the hype. Long time GWAR fan, I was even shocked by this album. Every new GWAR outing is surely interesting and worthwhile, but in aspects of popularity they're increasingly being more and more disliked by the audience possibly because of their outright silliness. Not interested anymore? Well if GWAR has put you to sleep in the past this will definitely wake you up.

The songs on this album will kick your fucking ass and make you remember why you love metal! Just listen to the epic classical guitar intro to "Immortal Corrupter" and the following fuck-all of a song. It's like classic GWAR but much better sounding. The vocals on "Beauteous Rot" are super-catchy and the song has great moments, definitely one of the best GWAR tracks ever. I love the lyrics - "Wandering the countryside, blind in one eye. Sucking the dicks of dead dogs to survive." Dave Brockie is such a genius with poetry! "Licksore" and "Biledriver" are also two real heavy fuckers that shred. Well, every other song on this album rips too, but those are my faves. GWAR has exceeded my expectations for once, and hopefully they'll exceed everyone else's too. "Violence Has Arrived" is one fuck of a metal album. I hope it fucks you in your face.

See my review and check out my site at -
http://www.hellacron.com/Gwar_Violence_Has.htm

-'Evil' Vince