GWAR

S.U.A.D.

Jun 10, 2006
San Antonio, Texas. USA
Opinions? Thoughts? Favorite albums?

I have the entire GWAR catalog on cd, and I have to admit I'm much more of a fan of the last three studio releases than pretty much ALL of the prior catalog.

So who digs these guys, if anyone here?

I don't listen to them, but I have seen them live and it was fucking crazy. I was completely covered in blood and Hitler's sperm on my way home.

I can't listen to them at home but I really like seeing them live. I almost failed a final presentation in a speech class because of them. I had been to the show, got the "blood" in my eyes and it stained my contact lenses red. My instructor thought I was loaded.

I don't listen to them, but I have seen them live and it was fucking crazy. I was completely covered in blood and Hitler's sperm on my way home.

Same here. Me and my friend stopped at a McDonalds on the way back and got some weird looks lol.

I used to find the band almost impossible to listen to, mainly because of their older stuff. About a year and a half ago I went to go see them with Municipal Waste and The Red Chord, and they blew me away. I picked up Beyond Hell, and thought it was great. From there I got Violence Has Arrived and War Party, and thought THEY were awesome. After that I got the rest of their stuff....and it's all hit or miss...some discs like Ragnarok I can get into, others like Hell-O are seriously meh. After listening to everything for over a year now with a bit more of an open mind, I can safely say that they're one of my favorite bands. They used to play constantly in my old hometown (Richmond, Virginia) and I was always seeing the after-effects of their shows.

They're worth going to see live if only for the experience and stories for your grandkids.

Pretty much. I've seen them twice, since they're a local band here, and the show is definitely a lot of fun. But I don't listen to any of their music otherwise.

Well, I'm really from the Charlottesville area - I'm just in Richmond for college. Right now I'm living just off the VCU campus, kinda near the Fan. How long ago did you live here?

Yup.

Well, "satirical" is probably a more accurate description. Their music isn't really funny or anything - just non-serious.