H&H Records' Sounds of Purgatory will be at Ragnarokkr

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
Heaven and Hell Records will be attending the Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse Festival 20013 in Chicago, Illinois on May 3rd & 4th. The label will be set up with our Sounds of Purgatory distro as vendors bring a wide assortment metal goodies; some of the best rare, obscure, and underground heavy metal from around the world, over 1,000 different titles, both CD & vinyl.
Last year’s fest was a blast with a lot of great bands. The best aspect was the gathering of all the true metal fans. We look forward to seeing them all again. Until May, HAILS

For more info visit;
Ragnarokkr Festival
www.ragnarokkrmetal.com/details.html
Sounds of Purgatory
www.soundsofpurgatory.com
Heaven and Hell Records
www.heavenandhellrecords.com

if you are a person who is planning on buying stuff at the fest....I would check out jermey's store before the fest and email of stuff you are thinking about buying so he knows what to bring.

Just a few things on how we work in the festival and convention type settings;
We will bring in over 1,000 different CD titles ranging from extreme metal, NWOBHM, thrash, doom, AOR, hard rock etc. We will also have vinyl, but are selection of vinyl is nowhere near the CD selection.
We do not bring out back stock/restocks to shows; so it is one copy of each title. This means if you walk away thinking you will comeback in a few minutes later, well that item could be gone. The reason we only bring one of every title out is that we want to have the widest selection we can – besides we can only bring but so much.
We do not take orders to bring to the shows; it has proven to only be a waste of time and space in the past so we just don’t do it now. Most of the time people never come to pick it up.
Our CDs are already low prices, better than most places, lower than the e-store price, and on top of that we normally even have sales at shows. That being said, I hate to haggle so please don’t ask? All discs will be sticker priced.
We will take credit cards. We will possibly be set up to even take direct Paypal payments there as well so you will have three opinions.
And just a fair warning there will be a female at our table so don’t be afraid. Sure she knows more about metal than most guys but that is no reason to be scared. I mention this because some fests guys are intimated by women- no reason for that.
Ok guessing that’s it for now.

what is funny is that most of the guys on this forum are married or have girlfreinds so the low blow of being afraid of girls is lost here!:Spin:

Myself, a modern day playboy of Chicago, isnt afraid of no lady!

A word of advice...you may want to bring doubles of some titles...mainly NWOBHM and tradional stuff.

Oh it wasn't a low blow at all. It just crossed my mine at the moment thinking about how at shows so many guys are intimated by the women who are often working at the table. But no blow intended at all, if anything just something humorous for the Ragnarokkr peps; they did not strike me as the kind found at other shows anyway.
So Bob take back your assumptions.:fu:

Again it is difficult to tell what to take back ups of. It always happens that what I don't take people will want and what I will have there will not be a second sell. So now it is what it is. I will have several of the bands playing.

I am just busting your balls. One thing about Chicago shows is that there are lots of girls there. I just hate the sterotype of metal guys being scared of girls...same with comic book fans. If you have gone to any comic cons....it is almost half and half with girls and guys.

It is always hard to figure out what would sell. I think it is always hard to tell....I dont think bringing stuff be the bands would be that good of a seller. Unless it is something by a band that even the band wont be selling. I think bringing the Eldritch discography would not be a wise choice. I think bringing a variety of NWOBHM, Doom, and traditional Heavy metal would be best. I know Planet Metal has lots of black and death metal so you would be competing with them.

On a side note...I have first dibs anyways. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am just busting your balls. One thing about Chicago shows is that there are lots of girls there. I just hate the sterotype of metal guys being scared of girls...same with comic book fans. If you have gone to any comic cons....it is almost half and half with girls and guys.

It is always hard to figure out what would sell. I think it is always hard to tell....I dont think bringing stuff be the bands would be that good of a seller. Unless it is something by a band that even the band wont be selling. I think bringing the Eldritch discography would not be a wise choice. I think bringing a variety of NWOBHM, Doom, and traditional Heavy metal would be best. I know Planet Metal has lots of black and death metal so you would be competing with them.

On a side note...I have first dibs anyways. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The stereotype is based in truth, I have seen it at all types of fests, convientions, etc. Sure there are exceptions. And I know there were females at the fest up there. But hey we'll exchange stories over a beer.
As for product to bring; once again it is all based on how much room is in the car. I don't carry to much to shows of the bands playing, tried that once at Progpower after the suggestion from many a jackass and well it was pointless to do so. But I will have some of the bands playing, and I really don't see Eldritch having all their releases there.
As for first deps well sure why not.
Oh I forgot to mention; please no one be one of those guys who hound the vendor and circle around before they are set up that shit bothers every vendor.