Hair Metal 80s/early 90s

jgs123

New Metal Member
May 9, 2017
Hello. I have recently become a hair metal enthusiast and was looking if anyone can recommend some female bands from 80s/early 90s. It can be well known bands or not so well known that have released only a few demos.
Whatever you can think of. here are the bands I currently have. Can someone recommend more?

Wild Blue
Poison Dollys
Romeo's Daughter
Steffanie
Marilyn Martin
Fiona
Vixen
Lita Ford
Lee Aaron
Chrissy Steele
Madam X
Rock Goddess
Doro
Girlschool
Joan Jett
Pia Zadora
Sharon O'niell
Betsy
Headpins
Cherry Bombz
Sally Steele
Femme Fatale
Saraya
Device
Phantom Blue

There has to be more out there. So let me know what you come up with. Always up for more songs.

Last edited:
I will definitely check these out. Another band i checked out is Laos. Forgot to add it earlier. Any other bands anyone can think of, feel free to post. Loving Hair metal/hard rock lately.

I will definitely check these out. Another band i checked out is Laos. Forgot to add it earlier. Any other bands anyone can think of, feel free to post. Loving Hair metal/hard rock lately.
How much male glam metal are you familiar with out of curiosity?

I like to think quite a bit. Let's see:
Poison
Motley Crue
Europe
Winger
Skid Row
Kiss(getting into their post makeup era quite a bit)
Twisted Sister
Quite Riot
Def leppard
Van Halen
Dokken
WhiteSnake
Warrant
list goes on.

Did lots a research

Forgive me if some of these may not actually be considered glam.

I like to think quite a bit. Let's see:
Poison
Motley Crue
Europe
Winger
Skid Row
Kiss(getting into their post makeup era quite a bit)
Twisted Sister
Quite Riot
Def leppard
Van Halen
Dokken
WhiteSnake
Warrant
list goes on.

Did lots a research

Forgive me if some of these may not actually be considered glam.
You've got a lot of the basics down.

I'd recommend, if you haven't gone for them already, W.A.S.P., Ratt, Kix, BulletBoys, Seduce, Tesla, Dangerous Toys, Danger Danger, Lizzy Borden, Icon, Hanoi Rocks, Ana Black, London, Firehouse, South Gang, Cinderella, Krank, Autograph, Stryper, L.A. Guns, Slaughter, Beau Nasty, Great White, Britny Fox, TNT, Jackyl, Steelheart, Extreme, and Nitro.

Can't say I really like W.A.S.P. Must be an acquired taste.

I actually a song or two of most of the bands. Not familiar with Ana Black, South Gang, or, Krank though. I will definitely check those out.

Hello. I have recently become a hair metal enthusiast and was looking if anyone can recommend some female bands from 80s/early 90s. It can be well known bands or not so well known that have released only a few demos.
Whatever you can think of. here are the bands I currently have. Can someone recommend more?

Wild Blue
Poison Dollys
Romeo's Daughter
Steffanie
Marilyn Martin
Fiona
Vixen
Lita Ford
Lee Aaron
Chrissy Steele
Madam X
Rock Goddess
Doro
Girlschool
Joan Jett
Pia Zadora
Sharon O'niell
Betsy
Headpins
Cherry Bombz
Sally Steele
Femme Fatale
Saraya
Device
Phantom Blue

There has to be more out there. So let me know what you come up with. Always up for more songs.

DC Lacroix and Princess Pang come to mind. Your hair metal encyclopedia has arrived.

Wild Blue
Poison Dollys
Romeo's Daughter
Steffanie
Marilyn Martin
Fiona
Vixen
Lita Ford
Lee Aaron
Chrissy Steele
Madam X
Rock Goddess
Doro
Girlschool
Joan Jett
Pia Zadora
Sharon O'niell
Betsy
Headpins
Cherry Bombz
Sally Steele
Femme Fatale
Saraya
Device
Phantom Blue

After some deep thought, Ariah and Jade are also worth a listen. Ariah is quite amazing, if you can find it. My top 2 female bands all time are already on your radar - Saraya and Phantom Blue. You won't likely top those.

Despite this thread's starting as a plea for female bands of the day, it has given me horrible flashbacks to the time around 1989-1991 when I was still clinging to hard rock/hair metal/glam/sleaze/whatever even as my tastes were moving on to either heavier metal or alternative stuff. Those last, desperate additions to my tape/cd collection are among the worst things ever recorded.

Such as:
Child's Play. Cry Wolf, Noisy Mama (yes this was a real band), Hurricane, Babylon A.D., Masi (ok they were tolerable and "God Promised a Paradise" is kind of a Headbangers Ball classic), Katmandu (featuring the Fastway singer who's now with Flogging Molly, I believe), Circus of Power, Smashed Gladys (female singer! also awful!), and the absolute nadir of music, the funk metal embarrassment known as KINGOFTHEHILL, whose single, "I Do U," is unparalleled in its heinousness. Imagine Kid Rock with a more aggressive form of ... whatever's wrong with him.

I will say, however, that thinking of Fastway reminded me of the Trick or Treat soundtrack, which did in fact kick ass. And Vain and Dirty Looks were two decent bands that can be safely recommended.

Despite this thread's starting as a plea for female bands of the day, it has given me horrible flashbacks to the time around 1989-1991 when I was still clinging to hard rock/hair metal/glam/sleaze/whatever even as my tastes were moving on to either heavier metal or alternative stuff. Those last, desperate additions to my tape/cd collection are among the worst things ever recorded.

Such as:
Child's Play. Cry Wolf, Noisy Mama (yes this was a real band), Hurricane, Babylon A.D., Masi (ok they were tolerable and "God Promised a Paradise" is kind of a Headbangers Ball classic), Katmandu (featuring the Fastway singer who's now with Flogging Molly, I believe), Circus of Power, Smashed Gladys (female singer! also awful!), and the absolute nadir of music, the funk metal embarrassment known as KINGOFTHEHILL, whose single, "I Do U," is unparalleled in its heinousness. Imagine Kid Rock with a more aggressive form of ... whatever's wrong with him.

I will say, however, that thinking of Fastway reminded me of the Trick or Treat soundtrack, which did in fact kick ass. And Vain and Dirty Looks were two decent bands that can be safely recommended.

This guy's not kidding about Kingofthehill. They were putrid beyond putrid. McQueen Street and Roughhouse are up there with the all time garbage, as well. Can't say I agree on Babylon A.D., but you are spot on with the rest.

As for mentioning Dirty Looks...you win the internet. To listen to the album "Five Easy Pieces" is to truly live.