Hair Metal 80s/early 90s

Never said anything of the like. I was naming a bunch of female bands overall in that post.
OK. Because of the topic title I thought this was just about Hair/Glam Metal (which I have never been a fan of), though the original post already mentions a few bands/artists which I wouldn't put into this category. If this was about female(-fronted) bands from the 80s/early 90s in general, I could mention a few more.

My goodness. You have stumped the master. Not sure how this band ever escaped me, but it is...exquisite. Thanks. Thanks, indeed.
You are welcome! I probably wouldn't have remembered this band, if all-female (metal) bands hadn't been such a rare sight way back then and if they hadn't got some coverage in German metal magazines when their first EP (which the song I posted was taken from) was released, which according to MA also seems to be their only official release (except of a single featuring two songs from this EP). Somewhat strange that 32 years later you find this on youtube:

But then again, the Swedish all-female (thrash metal) band Ice Age who started at around the same time and (probably thanks to an asshole of a manager) never got beyond demo status, are now back again (OK, only two original members are left and the drummer is now of the male persuasion) and working on their first official album.

Hey thanks for all these answers. I didnt realize the responses were still coming in. My email decided to stop reporting them. Odd. Anyway, Thanks.

I have a song of Rosy Vista. Thanks to you Dental.

DC Lacroix and Princess Pang- Thanks for these. I am still looking into the other responses.
I discovered a good song by Aurora called Heartbreaker which is good. Poison Dolly's- I like It - is a great song. Not sure if these bands are considered metal or not but wanted to mention them. Rail is another that is ok. Listened to Blacklace. I will mention more when i discover some.

Edit: Discovered a few others but some might be considered hard rock:
Sahara- Wasteland
Orphan Allies
Rare Breed
Crisis- Call of the wild
Meghan- Head Over Heels
Aphrodite- Playing With Fire
Lisa Dominique- Time Bomb
Lisa Baker- Fool of Lies
Sorcery- Rainbow Eyes
No Shame - Good Girls Don't Last

If anyone has more ideas, feel free to post them. They are always appreciated since i am trying to expand. Love the sound of a female 80s rocker.

Last edited:
If anyone has more ideas, feel free to post them. They are always appreciated since i am trying to expand. Love the sound of a female 80s rocker.
Does "trying to expand" mean that non-Hair/Glam Metal recommendations are also welcome?

In case you should like Warlock (you mentioned Doro - who I never thought of as Hair Metal - in your initial post) you might like this:

This album was neither released in 1988 (as stated in the description of this clip on youtube) nor in 1985 (as stated on Metal Archives), but in 1986.

On a side note, I've noticed that many artists/bands mentioned in this topic are also featured in the "Kerrang! Ladykillers A-Z" four-part supplement which came along with Kerrang!-issues 237 to 240.

Yea that is perfectly fine. Keep them comin. Any female rock n rollers/hair metal/heavy metal/glam are welcome

In case you have already checked the "Good female Metal"-thread in the Band Recommendations Forum, you will already know these, but I'll post them here as well:

(You can still download all demo-songs of Ice Age in very good quality from their official website.)

I'd say the clips/bands above range from "ordinary" Heavy Metal to Thrash Metal. If you don't like the latter, you might want to avoid the last four bands/clips.