HALCYON WAY complete tracking on new album!

Wishmaster

Heavy Metal Llama!
Feb 20, 2002
Woodstock, GA
www.xsfl.com
Press Release 2-3-2010

HALCYON WAY complete tracking for new album!

Atlanta progressive metal band Halcyon Way has completed the tracking for their new CD, to be released late spring by Nightmare Records.

The album was produced by Lasse Lammert (Alestorm, Svartsot) and guitarist Jon Bodan. Drums were engineered by Mike Froedge (doubleDrive, Bloodsimple, Speed X) at Open Sky Studios in Atlanta. Lammert is mixing the album at his studio, LSD-Tonstudio in Germany.

The new release is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed debut by the band, A Manifesto For Domination. It features the debut of new vocalist Steve Braun (Ashent, Siloam) , as well as a guest appearance by Pamela Moore of Queensryche fame.

“We’re incredibly excited about the new material,” said guitarist Jon Bodan. “This album is a quantum leap forward for Halcyon Way – the material is both heavier and more aggressive, but it also is far catchier and more melodic at the same time than Manifesto. The guys in the band all stepped their individual games up, and the material is better for it. Lasse did a great job on the production, and we expect the mixdown and mastering process to be completed by the end of February.”

Halcyon Way has appeared live with many bands such as Helloween, Strapping Young Lad, TYR, Kamelot, Symphony X, Doro Pesch, Cathedral, Virgin Black, Samael, Vicious Rumors, Seven Witches, and many others. In addition they have appeared at ProgPower USA on two occasions, and at Rocklahoma 2008 and 2009.

For more information, visit us on:
HalcyonWay.com
MySpace
Twitter
Facebook

band_promo_photo_web.jpg

We think so too.....we had him here in the states for 3 weeks, we tracked 15 songs, and there are choirs, real strings, real piano, everything is very organic and badass sounding. The songs are just killer too.

Open Sky is in the back of the Avatar warehouse, Froedge has like 5 spaces combined, its a great room to track in. Lots of sweet vintage gear too, so it gets warmed up before it hits Pro
Tools. If he had gotten it a little sooner, we woulda tracked to the Studer 2"!

The next scheduled show right now is Metal MayDay on May 1st. HW will be playing with Cage, Destroy Destroy Destroy, Brazen Angel, Veins Iced Over, Eclipsed By Sanity and Arktide.

You can buy $10 advance tickets from the band here: http://www.halcyonway.com/tickets

--Mike

I will be there, even if that means having to skip Sonata Arctica on 4/30! Can't wait to hear your new album and hear the new vocalist perform live! Plus, that lineup is killer!:headbang::kickass:

All I can say right now is, Y'all are seriously gonna be blown the fuck away by the new HW stuff!!!
if what we heard just last weekend is any indication of how killer this new album is gonna be,
Well then it's gonna be one Finely Tuned, Well Oiled, Metal Monster!!! :headbang: :kickass: We Love Y'all!!! :)

All I can say right now is, Y'all are seriously gonna be blown the fuck away by the new HW stuff!!!
if what we heard just last weekend is any indication of how killer this new album is gonna be,
Well then it's gonna be one Finely Tuned, Well Oiled, Metal Monster!!! :headbang: :kickass: We Love Y'all!!! :)
PREACH IT, BRUTHA JIMI!:kickass:

This show was originally scheduled for Planet X (in Marietta) but has been moved to the Masquerade. It had been re-scheduled for Hell (downstairs) but I've also heard it was then moved upstairs. :confused:

Hoyt can fill us in.
I HOPE it'll be moved to Heaven, but better to rule in Hell than not at all!:Smokedev::devil:

Yep, and for a show that's not expected to draw more than a few hundred, Hell is fine.
150 or 200 in Hell looks crowded.
150 or 200 in Heaven? Looks like there's a lot of sinners who couldn't get past St. Peter! :lol:
Hell will be the perfect place for a Cage show!:headbang::saint:
Especially when they play HELL DESTROYER!