Half-Life online?!

rjf385

UNDERGROUND!
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
does anyone play half-life(counter strike, etc.) online?! since i have been playing Unreal Tournament, Quake 2, Deus Ex,and now Half-life. i was wondering if any of you guys play half-life(counter strike, etc.)?!

Nah, I did for a short time a few years back. Unreal Tournament 2004 is where it's at.

*eagerly awaits Half Life 2*

I used to play Team Fortress Classic all the time.... so if i'm gonna play HL nowadays, its gonna be that.... I love TFC.... I'm sorry but I can't stand CS or DoD.... too many 1337 players, campers, snipers, one hit kill weapons, nearly impossible if you aren't a hardened veteran, etc.....

anyone play TFC?

i got Dod but i barely ever play it
i just recently bought the Unreal Tournament 2004 Special edition dvd

SodomizerOfMankind said:
whats the point of a class that isn't meant to kill someone?..whats the point of having scouts if no one uses them anyways?
mainly because TFC is a game of strategy, its very varied, and its not all about killing. most people don't play as scouts because they think its more fun to kill using snipers and soldiers, etc.... every class has its advantages and can be used well if you have strategy and know what you are doing. engineers don't go into battle, they make sentry guns, repairs, etc.... scouts are fast, they can distract, search, maybe grab the flag in a tfc game, etc.... same thing with medics as they are fast as well, but you should definately help others when they are in need..... etc. etc....

thats the thing with TFC.... when you decide to use strategy and vary the classes instead of just going around killing people with the "fun" classes.... the game is brilliant. more people need to get into TFC.

i've been playing TFC for nearly 4 years now, competitively in leagues and everything. best game i've ever played in my life. oh and btw, i play scout for clans a lot ;) once you get used to clanning and playing matches rather than just pubbing, you find uses for all classes. sadly, sniper and pyro are rarely used in matches at all because a soldier or medic can pretty much do the job better more consistently than those classes. http://www.thecatacombs.net go there to check out the league gaming community of TFC.

Counterstrike? Strategy? lol.

TFC is great at LANs and stuff, but the truth is most of the retards who play online don't play as a team. It's the same as BF1942, everyone just runs off doing their own thing when you could absolutely kick ass if you worked together.

I'm rather impressed with ONS mode in UT2004 for these reasons, as more people seem willing to play together, help you capture nodes and things, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before 12 year old kids come along and ruin it :(