HALFORD incites INSURRECTION!!!!

T

TRtwisted

HALFORD has released their double CD live album INSURRECTION. Mine arrived by mail yesterday. After a few listens I just want to tell you all to run out and get this album. It is LOUD and POWERFUL and everything that HEAVY METAL is all about.

The material taken from RESURRECTION is done very well. Rob's voice is in top form. A few tunes by FIGHT are included as well and are truly well represented. Listen to Rob's shriek on NAILED TO THE GUN! He uses his range perfectly.

The band then launches into a handful of classic JUDAS PRIEST. Hearing STAINED CLASS and JAWBREAKER brings back some fond memories. These updated versions will not disappoint die hard PRIEST fans. They are more powerful then on anything put out to date. BEYOND THE REALMS OF DEATH is done much better here then on MELTDOWN 98.

3 new tracks are also included and if this is the direction the next album is taking, then Rob and the boys will definitely be a force to be reckon with when the next album comes out.

Rob is the one true METAL GOD!!!!

I have no doubt that this album is as good as you say, I will find out. However I take issue with your comment about MR Halford being the one true metal god. I assume that you have made this statement on the SAXON web site to try and incite anarchy. The position of TRUE METAL GOD belongs to the one and only, your lord and master Mr Biff Byford. However I have to suggest that your are lacking in moral fibre and beg the question, Do you like sex & travel?

No disrespect was meant by my METAL GOD comment. SAXON and Biff are still one of my favorite artist. Guess I got caught up in my review. It is a great CD. And as for your question, I am not sure how I should take it. Since I think you may be trying to insult me, I won't bother to answer. I don't like to bother with argueing on any of the Message Boards I post on.

Keep METAL alive!!!

Trust me I was not trying to insult you, or for that matter have an argument. I did feel it was an insult to Biff and the band to extol the virtues of another (and I have to say a very good)vocalist on the Saxon message page.

I haven't got round to buying the live album by THE METAL GOD yet, but after seeing him supporting Maiden, as soon as I've got the money it will be added to my collection.
P.S. anyone going to see Priest on the next tour?

Some friends and I were discussing going to see Priest just the other night. I didn't care for JUGULATOR and MELTDOWN 98 wasn't that great either. I don't think I will be attending any of their shows in the near future. Unless of course, the new CD is killer. I am not holding my breath though. JP just isn't JP without Rob.

I enjoyed Jugulator but thought it needed a bit more melody, and think Meltdown 98 is the best Priest live album by far. I think Ripper has done a great job (a bloody hard one too following Rob!), and hopefully I'll chatch them live in June.

Yes. Live Isurrection is one of the albums more heavy and thrilling in the metal music in this momrnt, and I don't consider the mention of this like an insult to Byford.