Halford show coming up and nobody to go with

Red Shirt

Aug 1, 2002
Huntington Beach, Ca, USA
Visit site
My friends suck. They don't want to go because Halford is gay. Well soooo fucken what! He's still my fav singer. I'll even go solo if I have too. Anybody else solo? Looking to link up with any of you crazy mo fo's. Here's an incentive...I'll buy first round!

I'm going solo. Most of my friends don't even listen to Halford (or even Metal, for that matter), so it doesn't even bother me anymore.

Of course, I'll probably be showing up late because I think the other bands on the bill suck and always have. :devil:

I am going late also because I agree with Smylex that the other bands SUCK! Death Angel, however, kicked ass at HOB Sunset on Sunday! Too bad they're not playing Anaheim. I wonder if the show sells out. I went to Anaheim HOB last Friday to see the Atomic Punks but was couldn't get a ticket because it was sold out!

To me, thrash/death metal has no melody. I like Anthrax, Exodus, etc., but that "Cookie Monster metal" has gotta go IMO!

I know there are a lot of death/thrash metal peeps on this board, so I hope you're not offended. To each his/her own, as the saying goes . . .

BTW: A friend of mine also refers to the death/thrash stuff as "walrus rock" =)

Geeze, guess I'm not alone. No, wait a minute, I am alone, Doah!

I don't know what the opening bands sound like, but I'm getting the feeling that they SUCK. So, guess no hurry to get in early. Anybody got a feel on the show selling out or not? I don't have any tix yet and not sure if I should buy the tix now or at the show. But, if Atomic Punks are selling out HOB (that's impressive), then I guess I should buy them now!

I've also not been to HOB in Anaheim (at least that I can remember). Can we party in the parking lot? Always liked to have some beers in the parking lot before going in and paying "bendover and get reeeemed" prices. (hmmm... that just didn't sound right considering this is a Halford concert.) Anyways, it'd be cool to link up with some of yuz.

It would suck if the Punks can sell out the HOB but Halford can't. Anyway, parking is in Downtown Disney, which is heavily policed. You may have time to down a few beers in the car, but I doubt you could get away with hanging out in the parking lot. Make sure you get you parking validated at HOB.

Turns out that Halford was a sell out on Friday, even after the rescheduling. Perhaps there is some hope for Metal behind the Orange Curtain after all. :)

Wow, what a concert! I've seen Halford many times, but never 3 feet away! Opening with Painkiller really set the pace. I must admit, seeing him this close and "knowing" he's gay made the feeling different. Seeing his moves of "getting into the music" almost seemed like he was having a orgazism up there. It was weird. Whatever the case, I still very much enjoyed the show. They closed with one of my least favorite songs..."Living After Midnight." However, the disappointment was worn off when they got to the solo jam part. They added about 5 solo's each in that part, both trading off one after another. It was pretty cool. After the show I saw Smylex. To Mr. Drumslut, thanks for the tip on validating the parking pass. It turned out I didn't need it after all (even tho I got it validated) since when I left, all the gates were opened.

Yes it was a great show! It was much better than the Hollywood show (wtf is up with the Hollywood crowd anyway?). The band was great. Original Halford bassist Ray played this gig. BTW Halford is looking for a bassist.

This is what METAL is supposed to sound like, goddamnit!!!!

So wtf is next at House of Blues Anaheim?!!!!