Hangin' With James Murphy

Matt Smith said:
So, I won MTV's "Come Hang With James Murphy" contest and drove out to the studio...

Seriously though, since James is in town working on the Daath project, he was kind enough to let me swing by the studio and hear some of the mixes (sounds killer!) and hang out for a couple of hours. Despite being a Metal legend, he doesn't carry himself with any air of superiority or anything; he's very down to earth, and we were just a couple of guys geeking about Metal. Anyway, it was a great honor to meet him and a lot of fun. :headbang:
Thanks James!

BTW, sorry this picture is so blurry.

JamesMatt.jpg
I'm happy for you Matt.

NOW WHY CAN'T I WIN A CONTEST TO SEE JAMES MURPHY GODDAMMIT?! :D

James Murphy has been known to "Unleash the fucking fyooooooooory" from time to time on his guitar... no wait... shit... that was some other guy...

nevermind, commence...

He's evidently some random raiders fan

James Murphy said:
especially for you guys.. taken a couple minutes ago:
VideoSnapshot2.jpg

you guys should know about the "instant hairdo" by now.. it's one of the oldest tricks in the book when you've been doing too many hours in the studio and not enough time to mess around combing your hair. Well, maybe not Lopes.... :tickled:

:loco:

Thats so black fucking metal, where's the corpsepaint james buddy? :)

Could look like Glen Benton with a reversed cross on the face. Hope no offense taken...

Kenny Lee said:
Ohhhh...young Grasshopper.... you go look into your nearest dictionary....... now look up Guitarist Extrodinarius....
BAM!!!!
You should see a pic of James Murphy!!!!!!

Serious man...do some homework...if you are a old skool or a new skool Metal Guitarist; you best know who James Murphy is! :headbang:

yeah your right. bit i dindt know he was in testament but i love testament !! the only guitarist i know from that band is Alex Skolnick. and that guy rulez :headbang: . i think this is the only old school guitarist . .i don't know.

SORRY !!!!! :yuk: :cry: :yuk:

Mendel said:
yeah your right. bit i dindt know he was in testament but i love testament !! the only guitarist i know from that band is Alex Skolnick. and that guy rulez :headbang: . i think this is the only old school guitarist . .i don't know.

SORRY !!!!! :yuk: :cry: :yuk:

With all due respect to Mr. Skolnick - who is amazing - the best Testament albums IMO are "Low" and "The Gathering," both of which feature James on lead guitar; the latter of which was produced by none other than Andy Sneap. Also check out "Live at the Fillmore" - James' playing on this album is unfuckingbelieveable. James' solo albums and the Disincarnate reissue are also highlights.