Happy Birthday, Adolf Hitler (You Can't make this up)

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Folks;

From the ultimate facepalm department: Little Adolf Hitler Campbell turned 3 this past Sunday, and ShopRite refused to bake him a cake! Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/index.ssf/2008/12/holland_township_family_angry.html

JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell and Adolf Hitler Campbell.

Good names for a trio of toddlers? Heath and Deborah Campbell think so. The Holland Township couple has picked those names and the oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, turns 3 today.

This has given rise to a problem, because the ShopRite supermarket in Greenwich Township has refused to make a cake for young Adolf's birthday.

"We believe the request ... to inscribe a birthday wish to Adolf Hitler is inappropriate," said Karen Meleta, a ShopRite spokeswoman.

The Campbells turned down the market's offer to make a cake with enough room for them to write their own inscription and can't understand what all of the fuss is about.
Express-Times Photo | BRUCE WINTERYoung Adolf Hitler Campbell will be getting a cake from Wal-Mart this year.

"ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."

Others, such as Anti-Defamation League director Barry Morrison, applauded Shop Rite's decision.

"Might as well put a sign around their (the children's) neck that says bigot, racist, hatemonger," said Morrison. "What's the difference?"

What do you think? Was ShopRite correct for refusing to personalize a cake for the Campbells? Feel free to comment below and take the time to vote in our online poll.

Also, check out a photo gallery from the Campbell family home.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::puke:

As a business, ShopRite has the right to refuse service to whoever they wish, though I wish it weren't just because of a name on a birthday cake for a real child. The child can't help what his parents named him. Too bad this is only the beginning for these kids.

"Might as well put a sign around their (the children's) neck that says bigot, racist, hatemonger," said Morrison. "What's the difference?" The difference is that sign would make more sense around the neck of the parents than the children. It's not like they popped out of the womb and demanded these names. I find it ironic that the President of the Anti-Defamation Leauge is badmouthing people.

Come to think of it, is this even real? :lol:

those parents are fucked up and chose extremely poor names...

...but the kid shouldnt be punished for that, he had no say or opinion in the matter.

-i agree with their decision that they would make a cake without the name, but leave enough room for the parents to do it.
they should be deemed to be unfit to raise kids, because with their mindset and the enforcement of their racist and ethnocentric views, they are going to burn into their kids minds the same shit that was burned into their own...essentially leaving the kids with little or no choice whether to be or not to be shitheads.

I bet they would have made the cake for them if the baby's name was Hussein. :)

His middle name, perhaps.

As a business, ShopRite has the right to refuse service to whoever they wish, though I wish it weren't just because of a name on a birthday cake for a real child. The child can't help what his parents named him. Too bad this is only the beginning for these kids.

If I were the store manager, I'd have asked the parents to bring in the kid's birth certificate...and then made the cake to their specs.
--Not without giving the parents the hairy eyeball. It's a free country and you're free to believe what you want to believe...but giving kids names like that is a classic definition of poor parenting.

"Might as well put a sign around their (the children's) neck that says bigot, racist, hatemonger," said Morrison. "What's the difference?" The difference is that sign would make more sense around the neck of the parents than the children. It's not like they popped out of the womb and demanded these names. I find it ironic that the President of the Anti-Defamation Leauge is badmouthing people.

Totally agree. The kids didn't have a choice, and their parents' choice is one they'll rue until they're eighteen years old....at which time, if their brains haven't been turned to mush by their parents' apparent bigotry, they can immediately legally change them.

I feel sorry for these children. Shop-Rite was totally within its right to refuse the writing on the cake. They could have sold them a cake and let the parents write on it..but as a baker myself..I would have refused the order.

If somebody really wanted a cake to celebrate the real Adolf Hitler's birthday, then they have every right to do so and should not refuse to write a name on a damned cake. I hate Hitler as much as anyone else, but come on, a name on a birthday cake, there are more important things out there to care about, so just do it, because like I said, it is just a cake with writing on it that says happy birthday adolf hitler. If people want to celebrate Jesus' birthday(christmas) and have a whole damned holiday built around it, then what is wrong with writing that on a cake.

I won't even bother answering the 'what's wrong with wanting that on a cake.' :rolleyes: It is up to an individual business to decide... certainly as long as it doesn't infringe on anything someone could call a right. If you want a fucking cake that says that, bake it your damned self. Especially if you're on the public dole already.

For all the guy's having no idea what the fuss is about, it's awfully funny that they didn't ask for a cake with just their child's first name, but the full first & middle, which of course is going to give people pause, to say the least. I wonder how stupid this couple think the rest of us are--I can't believe that they honestly think/thought that their children's names wouldn't cause issues.

Shaye

If people want to celebrate Jesus' birthday(christmas) and have a whole damned holiday built around it, then what is wrong with writing that on a cake.

Pretty sure Jesus didn't commit mass genocide, force slave labor, decree a master aryan race, invade several countries, or burn books to keep people ignorant.

Just a guess.

I wonder how stupid this couple think the rest of us are--I can't believe that they honestly think/thought that their children's names wouldn't cause issues.

Of course they didn't think that. They want to get their message out. And the kids? They're likely going to grow up and be as fucked up and mentally stupid as the parents who are no doubt going to fill their minds with hate and bigotry.

Pretty sure Jesus didn't commit mass genocide, force slave labor, decree a master aryan race, invade several countries, or burn books to keep people ignorant.

Just a guess.

just to stir things up....

that did happen, however, in his name and supposedly on his behalf.
although it would be more like commit mass murder, force slave labor, decree a master christian faith, invade several countries, burn women to keep them from witchcraft, etc...

that was harsh but hey, im just saying...

though i agree it would be fucked up for someone to actually agree to bake a cake with that name on it for the petty cash it would get them in business

just to stir things up....

that did happen, however, in his name and supposedly on his behalf.
although it would be more like commit mass murder, force slave labor, decree a master christian faith, invade several countries, burn women to keep them from witchcraft, etc...

that was harsh but hey, im just saying...

And anyone with half a brain will understand that Jesus the person would never have condoned such things. These crimes, I think, were committed for the church, and on the church's behalf, which, i think with any clarity and thinking, you'll realise was exactly against Jesus' teaching.

And anyone with half a brain will understand that Jesus the person would never have condoned such things. These crimes, I think, were committed for the church, and on the church's behalf, which, i think with any clarity and thinking, you'll realise was exactly against Jesus' teaching.

In which case, I would say for you to read up on the messianic trend that Jesus came out of. It's stuff I'm learning right now, and it's very interesting. So, while Jesus might not have condoned it (there's a might in there), his followers should would have. Wasn't as peaceful a movement as it's made out to be, thanks to some revisions.

That said, the Church is authorized by God, therefore, any act committed by them is ordained - by God, as a result of the infallibility of the Church. But that's a totally different thread on theology, which has little to nothing to do with this one.

I heard that the grocery store that these parents went to did turn down their cake, but the Wal-Mart down the street had no problem with that. Go figure...:rolleyes:

yea i saw that too.

whats really lame is shop-rite did offer to make the cake with everything except the name, and give it to the parents with some of those icing tube writers for them to write whatever they wanted on it.
but they turned it down...

i think that was the best way to go about it and i commend shoprite. they didnt write "adolf hitler", which i think was the right choice, but they also didnt deny a 3yearold who has no choice in what he is named a birthday cake.