HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA!!!!!!!!!!!

lol my roommate always used to laugh at me when i took pics of the food i made - now i know i'm in good company!! jim - we'll have to talk red beans at the next show :)

I do need to make a pot soon. Once the pasta sauce is nearly down I will have to do one. I make 2 lbs of beans and get 2 gallons of food. Becoup veggies in it.

Actually I believe I have a recipe template for them I can send you Sara. If you like Cajun food I recommend Enola Prudhommes low calorie Cajun cookbook The crawfish etouffee and Shrimp creole recipes are fantastic out of it provided you make a proper seafood stock. The green rice recipe and the Cajun catfish are the basis of my braised catfish.

There is a place about 15 minutes from Canes called Mardis Gras Cafe that I go have red beans there every couple of weeks. Skip, the owner lets me put flyers for the shows by his cash register. He would trip if y'all came in there. Lots of hot sauces on the wall to buy along with cajun kitchen supplies. Alligator, crawfish, and other frozen cajun goodies

He serves a mean alligator sausage sandwich too. We oughta get one for Aja. :lol: She really liked the idea of eating gator as I recall. :heh:

Want some of that pasta sauce? I'll put a ladle full in the freezer for any of the 5 of you if you wanna try it. It is quite spicy so along with tolerance for that you can't be a vegetarian, have aversions to mushrooms, turkey sausage, turkey meatballs or garlic.

Jim

Yep, I got a badass amount of kitchen gear to make stuff. Took many classes at a cooking school and have some pretty good skills. A bit rusty since my cat's long battle with lymphoma has kept me out of the kitchen for a long time.

Tonight was catfish braised in beef and lobster broth over spicy rice with mushrooms and green onions. No picture since I was hungry. :loco:

I make that really thick sauce by the gallon then I use one part that and one part sauce from a jar so 3 hours of work creates about 50 meals worth of semi home cooked stuff for me.

Try some Jambalaya.......about 45 minutes of work for about 10 meals. All low fat stuff too. :cool:
08150002.jpg

Jim

Hahahaha, awesome!!! :lol:

That looks gorgeous!! I could go for some of that right now actually!

:) THANKS for all the Happy wishes!!! :) Everybody here in this forum is just the best at making one feel appreciated. Thanks a bunch. But even more than that, you all know how to make someone feel HUNGRY!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Damn, Jim! That sauce looks amazing!!!!! Please make and jar some in the near future! :oops: :headbang: