Happy New Year Y'all!

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Hope all you crazy sons-o'-bitches (and I mean that in the nicest way possible) have a HAPPY and BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! 2004!!! Who knows what the year holds for the world of metal!!!!!!!!!!!! With that said, WHAT MUSICAL ACTIVITY ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO/HOPING FOR IN 2004????

For me it can only be one thing....THE RESURRECTION OF THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be more than happy to have a new VH disc in my sweaty (but not hairy) palms in the new year. I'd settle for a greatest hits if there are new tracks, but a full new album would make me scream like a schoolgirl. Sammy Hagar where are ya?!?!?!

Happy 2004, the year that Judas Priest came back (for good I hope...)

Happy New Year Fuckers :p :) May your year be filled with happyness and good METAL
To answer your question Ted I'm really hoping I can get a band together that doesnt self-destruct They say the 3rd time is a charm right? Well thats my goal for 2004 Start the Greatest Metal Band the planet has EVER seen and maybe find a Decent woman that wont rip my heart out, Chew on it, Spit it out,And stomp all over it But I cant have it all :) Anyways I will drink a non-alcoholic brew for y'all Rock on!!!

2004 is the year that my band will form!! First try at a band at least.

Good luck to everyone in your making a band or getting a finely fine girl or whatever.

The saYer said:
2004 is the year that my band will form!! First try at a band at least.

Good luck to everyone in your making a band or getting a finely fine girl or whatever.

Thank you and Very much Good luck to you too ..... Being in a band and playing live are the 2 best feelings ever even better than sex I must say :)

Oh and if ya ever need any advice dont hesitate to Pm or Im me I'm always happy to help :)

yeah jonnyD,gotta agree with you on the band thing-best feeling of all!friends of mine go on about different stuff-sex n charlie etc,but playing live beats em all.good luck to all of you in your endeavours this year,whatever they may be-as long as they ROCK!

JonnyD said:
Thank you and Very much Good luck to you too ..... Being in a band and playing live are the 2 best feelings ever even better than sex I must say :)

Oh and if ya ever need any advice dont hesitate to Pm or Im me I'm always happy to help :)

oh, thanks alot man.

baldyboy said:
yeah,have fun with the band situation saYer.i remember my first time(sigh).

:) me too My first time doing anything live was like in 1999 I think And it was just me on Bass and my guitar player we went to a local bar/pub on open mic night and basiclly Jammed for a bunch of drunks that wanted to hear G'n'R covers lol it was a blast though since then I'v done a few other shows that I have been payed for And that in itsself is another great feeling Being payed to do what you love :)

i've been playing gigs on and off for about 15 years now-geez i'm old.started at school with some friends,i played bass and sang.first wo songs we learned to play were for whom the bell tolls and seek and destroy(cause they were easy).we got quite good by one stage and we were doing a couple of gigs a week,being paid between £120-200(about$180-280)a time.it was good for kids.now i'm old n grumpy and have given up the bass just to sing.the new band i'm in now is pretty cool though.

baldyboy said:
i've been playing gigs on and off for about 15 years now-geez i'm old.started at school with some friends,i played bass and sang.first wo songs we learned to play were for whom the bell tolls and seek and destroy(cause they were easy).we got quite good by one stage and we were doing a couple of gigs a week,being paid between £120-200(about$180-280)a time.it was good for kids.now i'm old n grumpy and have given up the bass just to sing.the new band i'm in now is pretty cool though.

Hmmmm Well knowing that I really cant wait to hear your stuff =)

well,i'm posting it today so it should only be a few days before you get it.bear in mind its a self financed job,we aint got no major label backing!-maybe on the next one!we are all still pretty happy with it though.
thats a point as well-if any of you have anything to do with album distribution in the states and canada,let me know-we need to try and organise it!

baldyboy said:
well,i'm posting it today so it should only be a few days before you get it.bear in mind its a self financed job,we aint got no major label backing!-maybe on the next one!we are all still pretty happy with it though.
thats a point as well-if any of you have anything to do with album distribution in the states and canada,let me know-we need to try and organise it!

"its a self financed job" and that is exzactly why I want to hear it :) No fancy Big lable shit just fukin music :headbang:

yeah,we're pleased that we managed to finally get an album recorded with the meagre funds at our disposal,but damn what i wouldnt give for roadrunner to lump us a $500,000 advance for the next one.lol.
there are definate advantages to doing it yourself-the percentage return is much better,you dont have corporate tosspots telling you they dont like part of a particular song,or which one to shoot as the video etc.but it does restrict things like touring other continents-we'd really like to play the states and canada,but whether we would be able to or not is difficult to say-money talks and bullshit walks(or plays)as they say.