Happy Tax Day

promark_420

Jan 14, 2008
Atlanta, GA, USA
I'm one of the few thousands of people sporting a poo-eatin' grin all day long that can't be wiped off. Why? It's tax day, and that means that busy season is over! No more 12+ hour days! I get to work 40 hours a week! That's nothing! :kickass:

I felt like a kid on christmas morning today. I honestly couldn't sleep past 5 am because I was *that* giddy. Anyway, I should be able to join in some discussions from now until...oh I'd say late January.

So my point of view: I hope you filed, but if you didn't...psshhh--idiot. Like I'm gonna do anything about it.

Today is anti-climatic for me. My taxes were done and my refund received and spent weeks ago.

I sort of feel sorry for those who wait until the last minute, but then again, I don't.

Got my taxes off on the 14th... gettin' 6500.00 back....

Just my 2 cents (which is worth about 1 Vietnamese Dong, that's their money by the way not their unit) but wouldn't it have been better to adjust your withholdings and have had an extra $540 bucks every month last year instead of the refund this year?

Arrowheadian , you going to Symphony X at the Coach Tuesday night?

If you are call me at 480 227 9233

John

Just my 2 cents (which is worth about 1 Vietnamese Dong, that's their money by the way not their unit) but wouldn't it have been better to adjust your withholdings and have had an extra $540 bucks every month last year instead of the refund this year?

No not for me, I would have piddled it away, I already have enough for expenses. I pay them to do something I can't... save money through the year.... no biggy. I can do a lot more with a nice lump sum than smaller chunks...

I mean, I'm just sayin'..:lol:

I don't think Paul's much of a prog-metal fan. He's known me for 34 years, and he doesn't have either of our records.

I believe he'd say "If it's not The Beatles...it's SHITE!!!" :lol:

SRS

Steve, yes I'm still a Beatle freak, but I actually do listen to quite a lot of other music these days. As far as the prog-metal goes, I've listened to a bit and although I've been impressed with their talents musically, it just didn't really blow my skirt up.

However old bud, I will admit to spouting off about "your" talents for decades to anyone who would listen. Remember, I'm the only one on the forum who can honestly say I knew Sorrell back when he was a teenager playing along to those blasted KISS records ad nauseum. But hey, who loves Ya!

Paul

However old bud, I will admit to spouting off about "your" talents for decades to anyone who would listen. Remember, I'm the only one on the forum who can honestly say I knew Sorrell back when he was a teenager playing along to those blasted KISS records ad nauseum. But hey, who loves Ya!

Paul

:lol::lol:You do, Stallion!:lol::lol: You've supported me from (before) day1. I've never doubted ya.

I certainly did wear out some KISS albums didn't I? My poor friends and family. I can't believe I made it through to 1980 with any friends left.:lol: That must have been an annoyingly noisy time.

Aside from "Saw Her Standin' There" and "Back In the USSR" (Top 40 band staples, ya know), I just learned my first 2 Beatles tunes about a month ago.

Koelling and I were talking about doing a duo, coffee shop, acoustic set for a minute. I wanted to call it "The Tragedy". Ya know, as in " A Prelude To...". The first 2 songs I learned and recorded were "The Long and Winding Road" and "Golden Slumbers".

Those are some awesome tunes!!! I love a lot of their music, now. When I was a kid...or maybe through my 30s, I didn't really care about the Beatles. But now, in my old age, I appreciate them much more.

SRS

Aside from "Saw Her Standin' There" and "Back In the USSR" (Top 40 band staples, ya know), I just learned my first 2 Beatles tunes about a month ago.

Koelling and I were talking about doing a duo, coffee shop, acoustic set for a minute. I wanted to call it "The Tragedy". Ya know, as in " A Prelude To...". The first 2 songs I learned and recorded were "The Long and Winding Road" and "Golden Slumbers".

SRS

Steve, if you're gonna start delving into the lads from Liverpool and you want duos, try "Two of us" or "Across the Universe" from Let it Be. Google the lyrics to "Across the Universe" sometime, Lennon was such a lyrical genius on it and it's a personal favorite of mine.

My favorite verse,

"Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing
Through my open views inviting and inciting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a
million suns, it calls me on and on
Across the universe"

Too freakin good!

:worship: - Lennon :worship: - Lennon

Talk at ya soon buddy!

Paul

My favorite verse,

"Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing
Through my open views inviting and inciting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a
million suns, it calls me on and on
Across the universe"

Too freakin good!

:worship: - Lennon :worship: - Lennon

Talk at ya soon buddy!

Paul

Acid...A writer's best friend. :lol: Maybe I should pry open my third eye o_O.

Just kiddin'. I'm sure he was a really good writer. Maybe even before the acid. :lol:

I just looked up their (and his solo) discography. :OMG: Good gawwwd! They were at least prolific.

Those boys were busy.

SRS