The Happy Thread

Originally posted by Satori
Aren't cymbals just too personal of a thing for you to not pick out for yourself? Hmm...

No i see what you mean. But i had them picked out in a magazine of the ones i wanted. The magazine is gone now and i asked where it was and they said "i dont know, maybe we threw it out" but i know better. they had to take it and buy them (at least i hope :cry: )

The vacation is coming and I can sleep and hang out with my girlfriend as much as I want. more rehearsals also...

England in the World Cup.
Scotland not in the World Cup.

England hammering everyone in rugby union (the GOOD code). Ireland doesn't count.

What more can anyone ask?

Oh yeah - sports in the Boston area:

the Patriots may actually make the playoffs
the Celtics are on a roll
the Bruins are winning
the Red Sox, hmmm, well, the Red Sox got rid of Carl Everett

Even if for the moment, it's a good time in Boston sports - which have been pretty pathetic lately.

I JUST GRADUATED COLLEGE!!!!!!

smilie_switch.gif

Originally posted by Lina
I JUST GRADUATED COLLEGE!!!!!!

smilie_switch.gif

YEAH!

What does that make you -
1. a college graduate
2. an adult
3. proud
4. smarter
5. someone who pissed 4 years of her life away
6. broke

no matter - congratulations :)

Yay for everyone's happiness. It's a rare thing to come by it seems but when it does....FIRM EMBRASE! (If you didn't see that episode of Seinfeld...you wouldn't get it.) ;)

Skiing season. That makes me happy...when I can go.

The phone got turned off. That means no more telemarketers.

I got a raise! :D And I could buy a new computer with my bonus this year. Might need the money for other stuff, but that's still a good thing.

I'm going to see the DOLPHINS hopefully SPANK THE PATRIOTS this weekend in Foxboro. :heh: to Metalman :p

Hm. That's all for now. I'm shocked I found those... :rolleyes:

"Took control, claiming my flesh.
Piercing rage, perfect tantrum."

Congratulations Lina : ))

well,i can't post something happy....the only nice these days is the cold weather (+2 this afternoon/evening) and I love it!
:hotjump:

Originally posted by Opet
....I'm going to see the DOLPHINS hopefully SPANK THE PATRIOTS this weekend in Foxboro. :heh: to Metalman :p[/i]

:eek: Dolphins over Patriots?

Harkening back to the old days - squish the fish!!!!!

I am going on a backpacking trip to Tasmania! That makes me happy, it has been a year in the making...
And I finally get to do some hiking down there! Six days in the wilderness with my girlfriend... :D

I would also like to compliment you on your consisent positive attitudes and behavior metalman. :D
enjoy your trip too.

And Lina, congratulations! I can't wait to graduate myself, (three years to go... :mad: ) so I can easily empathise with that.

Also Demonspell, I hear you on the studies thing, but after working full time in a *shitty* job for three weeks I always wish that upon myself again. It is a good motivational tool. :)

Originally posted by metalmancpa

:eek: Dolphins over Patriots?

Harkening back to the old days - squish the fish!!!!!

I love Football this time of year. But those poor southern teams {Bucs & Dolphins} have a hard time dealing with the cold weather in the northern states. I am happy that my poor Detroit Lions finally won a damn game. Now Jay Leno will have to look elsewhere for his lame jokes.

:hotjump:

Originally posted by brightoffski
I would also like to compliment you on your consisent positive attitudes and behavior metalman. :D
enjoy your trip too.

It's one of the few good things that have come from experience - there isn't much in this world that is worth getting all upset about. In the end, letting emotions get the better of you does nothing to make a situation better - therefore, I have become more level-headed, and choose to channel my emotions to more meaningful things.

I'd like to add that even though I like in England, and American football is hard to come by, the Redskins are gonna win the Superbowl. :rolleyes: :err:

Originally posted by musicholic

You better stick with soccer predictions...:lol: :loco: :lol:

:lol: Right. Football it is:

England to win the World Cup.
Forest to get promoted.
Derby to go bankrupt.

If any of these happens, I'll be a very happy and VERY surprised man. :D

Come on - HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!

Yeah, it's laced with a hint of bullshit - there's no Utopia - but my past few days reading these posts have uncovered quite a bit of perceived negativity, so I choose to keep this "happy" stuff going.