Happy Thanksgiving!

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Well, Thanksgiving is here for those of us in the U.S., and it's the one time of year that we tend to actively bring to mind the multitude of things that we should be thankful for every single day. Whether it's the important things like family, food and shelter, or the seemingly trivial things like a day of beautiful weather or a good laugh with friends, most of us are guilty of taking many things for granted. When we carefully take the time to take inventory and start listing the things we have to be thankful for, both great and small--"counting our blessings," as the old hymn said--it gets overwhelming pretty quickly. So in that spirit, thank YOU for being the most wonderful friends and fans we could ever ask for!

It is a privilege to write and play music, not a right, and we are very mindful of that. We could never, ever do what we do without you guys. Not just in the obvious ways of buying records and coming to shows...but in the heartfelt, genuine support. The prayers. The encouraging messages on Facebook or the forum. The hugs and handshakes. The stories of how a particular song or album ministered to you or someone you know. The little things that may not seem like a big deal actually are, and they remind us that the Lord has blessed us with a network of people that care about us in a way that seems almost like...an extended family. This stands in stark contrast to the cold, detached relationship a lot of bands seem to have with their listeners. It means so much to us; it really does. So thank you again, and know that we truly do not take you for granted. God bless you, thanks for listening, and have a wonderful day!

We don't officially celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia (Halloween yes, but not Thanksgiving), but I have plenty to be thankful for.

It's already the day after Thanksgiving on the other side of the world here in Oz, but yesterday I joined a new choir (new to me, but founded in 1868, so not really new) and sang at an evensong service - nice. And before that, I had a phone call from an old employer seeing if I want my old job back. It's not the greatest job, but an income would be wonderful and mean that I can buy lots of great Christian metal for Christmas!

I don't want to jump the gun, but praise God for His provision!

And thank you Matt for honouring God by so faithfully using the gifts He's given you!

God bless!!

Happy Thanksgiving, Matt. Your music has been a blessing! I'm forever thankful to God for musicians like you! :)

Theocracy is among the many things I am thankful for. :tickled:

Seconded. Theocracy's music means a lot to me, and I think it's really cool that my favorite band has a good relationship with it's fans. Especially considering that so many bands have little or none of that, as Matt mentioned.

Thanksgiving has been more meaningful than usual for me this year. Last week my wife had a medical emergency and had to be rushed to the hospital, which is were we spent the better part of five days. I'm thankful that she's alive, that things aren't any worse than they are, and that we were able to be back home together today. It really gives me a new kind of perspective on things - stuff that bothered me a few days ago suddenly seems small and unimportant.

Aish! - congrats on the job offer. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the guys in Theocracy!

God absolutely blows my mind; I'm so undeserving, but He continually showers me with his love & grace every single day. What I am most thankful for this holiday season, is that Jesus went to the cross and died for my sins once & for all, so that I won't have to spend on second in hell! Not to sound dramatic, but Jesus is everything to me.

Thank you Theocracy for your bold stand for Christ!

Merry Christmas everyone
Jesus loves you!!
Rob