Happy Thanksgiving!

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Happy Thanksgiving to our fellow Americans from Symphony X, and the staffs of TEoF and CotM! Hope everyone has an excellent day; may you all have plenty to be thankful for, today & all year long.

thanksgiving_happy_turkey_day_text_hg_wht.gif

Those of you outside the US, you have a great day as well! ;)

Happy turkey day =O

Our football team beat our crosstown rivals 28-20. They scored a touchdown with 3 mins to go, (14>20 missed Extra point). They get the ball back, march down field in the last minute. Final play of the game, ball at OUR 15, they throw a pass to the receiver, who breaks a tackle and runs for the end zone, but gets tackled out of bounds at the ONE yard line ending the game. It was so awesome how it came down to the very last play, great stuff =O

Dude, this was the best Thanksgiving ever. My brother was really hung over, and he sat down at the table looking all pale and sickly. Then he got a plate of food in front of him, calmly stood up and walked to the bathroom, and proceeded to puke his guts out for ten minutes. Then he went to bed. It was pretty hilarious.

i've got one thing to say about yesterday ... Tryptophan su...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(thats the stuff in turkey that makes ya tired, but i dunno if thats the right spelling:Smug: )

Dude! I cooked stuff and people actually ATE it! Actually, I am a pretty good cook.

I made broccoli, scalloped potatoes, cranberry sauce, and tiramisu. My mom did the turkey, stuffing and yams. It was just my parents, my sister, one of her friends, and me. Everything came out really well.

I just woke up and I'm still full. I hope everyone had a good holiday!

I went to my cousin's house for thanksgiving again. We ate, we argued, we danced and we left.

Highlight of TG: Watching 40 most awesomely bad Metal songs on T.V. I thought Metal was worse now, but it all evens out. check this out:

70% of present day Metal is mainstream crap
30% of the other present day Metal is great.

Then theres:

70% of Metal back then was Excellent
the other 30% of Metal back then was LMFAO horrible.

Now on to the season of giving and love and family togetherness (again) and even cold viruses!

ROFLMAO! :lol:

Europe with:
"THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!"

&
Grim Reaper with:
"SEE YOU IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL!!!!!"

Lady of the Oracle said:
And the Loudness one.."Japanese heavy metal is like American sushi..it doesn't taste very good" :lol:

:lol: you know I've actually heard worse Heavy Metal Japanese style before...

:kickass: :) ... :err: :OMG: :confused: :eek: :yow: :lol: :erk: :puke: :(

...yeah. the solo was awesome but it was the most ridiculous act of Metal mockery I've ever seen... or were they really serious? :loco:

Damn, I missed that VH1 thing. Is there a link somewhere that shows what they had as their Top 40?

oh by the way scorpions's "wind of change"was there too,i mean how can u talk shit about that song?it's one of the best ballads ever

I saw the first 20 minutes of that show today. I turned it off when I saw Scott Ian. Why is he on everything VH1 does??? I was surprised when I didn't see Dee Snider. Unless he was on but I didn't see him. They always throw in their two cents whenever VH1 has one of those lameass commentary programs.

I just watched it...I have so much to say considering how pissed off I am at these scrotelicks who don't no shit about metal. They say metal is supposed to be all about satan but I bet if they heard Dissection they would say it's stupid. All I will say is I Hate VH1, but multiply that hate by infinity, I almost hate them as much as I do MTV!

may anyone whoever works for vh1 and mtv now and in the future burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

It IS a shame that so many people think all metal is Satanic.

It's really, really embarrassing to admit, but even as recently as last year, I closed myself off from learning about metal because I didn't realize that there were other bands--bands like Symphony X, Opeth, Ayreon, and even Killswitch Engage (no flaming, I KNOW they're no prog geniuses, but they're an example of a band that doesn't need to insult people's religion to sell records)--that address much more worthwhile themes.

Needless to say, I really regret my attitude from younger years, because I really did shut myself off from a lot of really cool music that I'm truly coming to love. Admittedly I don't care for the type of metal that does feel the need to write on Satanic/anti-religious themes to sell records, or be extremely obscene...but I now recognize it for what it is: just a type in a much larger genre.

I hope I won't end up with a lot of flaming because of admitting this...but I felt it really does prove dargormudshark's point, about the bad rap metal gets, and the impact it has.

P.S.: I understand others here probably don't mind that stuff, and they have every right to listen to it...I'm just trying to explain my own opinion.