Hard Rock... Dead?

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
(part rant part question)

I wanna perform live.

There are literally no musicians in my area. Only people I can find is like teenagers that have been playing guitar for like a year and call themselves a "lead guitarist", lol.

It's so frustrating to not be able to ever experience singing live. It's been something I've wanted to do for quite some time now and still haven't experienced playing live.

Seems like the only way to get in a band is to take up screaming and play some form of modern metal. I don't have a problem with it, it's just not what I like to do. Plus I can't scream for shit and enjoy expressive singing.

I was thinking of just open mic nights at local pubs n venues? I can't play and sing at the same time though, so another problem with being able to find an acoustic player that is into similar stuff I am (mainly rock).

Ideas???? Anyone in the North East of England here looking for a hard rock singer?

Seems low to be advertising myself up on these boards but outside my home is a baron wasteland... Sure people claim to be musicians but on further inspection it's always as I suspected... n00bs :erk:

It's pretty rare you come across musicians that are into playing rock/hard rock these days. The demand, musician wise is mainly for Indie or like Screamo (still don't know what this is) - Bullet for my Valentine?? Bands like that I assume. Feel free to enlighten me, once and for all.

Well it's not like your incapable of singing/playing, it just takes practice ;) (I sympathize though, I suck assholes at it, but that's cuz I don't really try to improve!) Seriously though, I think that'll REALLY help you cuz of the aforementioned open-mic things...

I can to a certain degree but I don't get the same enjoyment out of singing when playing. It's like I can't see the images and stories in my mind when I'm playing, it's more like a "just sing the notes" thing.

Much prefer to give 100% to one aspect of performing, whether it be playing or singing. Much prefer singing though.

you're right...i don't know about england, but in the US, good ol' fashioned fucking rock n' roll is flat-out done for

unless you want to play in some 2nd rate "grunge" re-hash piece of shit quartet, a la seether/three days grace/puddle of mudd, you're pretty much fucked

I dunno.. I see some hard rock acts every now and then here in Sweden, it certainly does bring in money even in this "modern" age. Actually, I think you profit more as a band here in Sweden if you play hard rock / 80s stuff and just touring around those kind of pubs around the country than being a mainstream metal band.